JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been looking around for a middle of the road flash light with pressure switch I have seent eh cheap ones around but not sure if they will work for long but the $100+ surfires seem to expensive doesnt any one make a $40-$50 reliable flash for for mounting on a gun ??

something like this

UAG_FLASHLIGHT_SPECS.jpg

Those UA ones are fairly decent... I've had one for awhile. The Surefires are nice but you pay a lot more for them. I guess it depends on how much you really use them. For the occasional user (like me) the UA one has been fine. :cool:

Are you mounting a light on a weapon that you intend to use to defend yourself if necessary? If so this is my advice:

Shop around for a cheap deal on a Surefire G2L or something along those lines and mount it in something like a Vtac light mount ($20, cheap but high quality)

Forgo the tape switch, IMO. Wires inevitably get caught on things and there are good ways to activate a light with a proper grip on your rifle both with and without a VFG. Feel free to ignore this this is purely my opinion.

Not 40-50 bucks but a light setup that will see you through a gunfight for under $100. I really can't speak to the reliability of the cheaper setups but as a general rule with these sorts of things you get what you pay for in my experience. I guess just ask yourself if the extra few bucks is worth it for reliability. Buy once, cry once.

If you're just mounting a light to look cool or for non-defensive night shooting (varmints? hogs? I dunno... whatever....) then I say go with whatever and hope it doesn't break.

I hear ya though, $100 and up for a flashlight just sticks in yer neck like a dry piece o' turkey.

There was a little combination light they were showing around at Welchers' the other day.

It did steady-light and a strobe that you couldn't look at and was housed in it's own picatinny mount. Seems like about $125, I wish I could get it out of my head, if you know what I mean. Meh. :eek:

If it's going to be hand held and not weapon mounted, check out the offerings from Coast. I bought an led light with a rear pressure switch from them at Costco and it is extremely bright and very durable. I have one by the bed and one I take fishing and camping. It has been dropped on rocks banged around in my pack and been submerged several times. It even worked with water IN it. Was about $30. I think Joe's carries the brand. You might get something from them and a separate mount to put it on a gun. I got one like this.

<broken link removed>

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews