Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Flaky Buyers?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Don't Sue People Panda, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Don't Sue People Panda

Don't Sue People Panda Portland Member

Is it just me or does it seem like buyers are getting more and more flaky?

2. Trailboss

Trailboss Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

If it's a good enough deal, someone will come along and snatch it up!

3. davemata

davemata Spokane, WA Well-Known Member

No. Buyers have always been flaky, and sellers have always been overreaching on values. :)

4. JohnH

JohnH Milwaukie Active Member

It's just you :thumbup:

5. raftman

raftman Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Personally, I've never once had a flaky buyer, seller, etc from this forum, not years ago, not recently.

6. Don't Sue People Panda

Don't Sue People Panda Portland Member

Most of my transactions are smooth but over the past week I've had three guys PM me with offers and I reply and never hear from them again. WEIRD! It probably is me. :huh:

7. jmurray192

jmurray192 wilsonville oregon Active Member

This is probley the best fourm ive been on for selling stuff. YOU GUYS ARE AWSOME! :peace:

8. jrprich

jrprich PNW Well-Known Member

I would agree !
    While I have only had about four transactions, both selling and buying, all have been smooth and painless and all the folks have been honest and easy to deal with. :)

9. AlphaCoyote

AlphaCoyote Oh, I get around. New Member

I had a Senior Member with 100% rating on his trades. I had a gun posted. He PM'd me saying "I'll take it" and suggesting we do the deal two days later. We never met. He flaked saying he didn't have the money. In the meantime, my gun was listed as "SPF" which is the right thing for a seller to do when a buyer has committed. But I lost a weekend of potential buyers.

I understand that things happen, and you can word an offer candidly that way. ("I'll buy your gun on Monday, but I need my two guns to sell first. Let's talk about meeting.") But you shouldn't commit unconditionally like that if you aren't willing to follow through. And if you are just trying to tie the seller up while you try to see what you have in the piggy bank and keep your options open, not cool at all.

If I tell someone we have a deal, I come through even if new circumstances make it painful or I think I priced the deal wrong. No one has ever seen me back out of a deal, whether whining about my poor unfortunate life, or because I had a better offer come in.

Man up or wear a skirt, boys.

PM me for this unreliable person's name.

tlfreek and (deleted member) like this.
  10. davemata

davemata Spokane, WA Well-Known Member

So, since we're on the subject, anyone selling a derringer?