JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Everyone knows about the "Glock pignose" effect. The fact that their molding process, combined with the type of polymer they use, causes the dust covers to curl up slightly as they cool. It has ZERO effect on how the gun works. It is purely aesthetic. Most people do not even notice it and most that do don't mind it...but there are some of us that hate it. I'm one of the ones that hate it so I am fixing it on my new Glock 20.

As you can see, this gun has the typical pig nose.

All I do is dip the front of the frame in very hot water (I use a measuring cup and take it out of the microwave as soon as it boils). I let the guns cover stay in the hot water for about 15 seconds and then insert Q-tips to hold it straight as it cools.

Then VIOLA! (pronounced vie-O-laa) No more pignose.

Most people ask if this fix is permanent. Well, nothing is permanent, but I have never had one re-curl on me yet. Of course I do not shoot competition or anything. I do have a friend that does who fixes his and he claims they stay fixed.

As for it hurting the polymer, it will not. Don't listen to internet dumbasses. Ask an actual chemical engineer or call Glock.

So if the pignose bothers you, fix it. It only takes about 2 minutes of work and a couple hours of waiting and it is done.

IMG_20150108_172839_zpsc15af6d9.jpg IMG_20150110_050324_zpsd6bbfc06.jpg IMG_20150110_050734_zpsf17487cb.jpg

Last Edited:
So I take it you don't use a heat gun like you did in your earlier videos? Are you sticking just the lower in the water, or are you submerging the assembled front end of the gun in the water?

Well if this works, it seems far less likely to overheat the frame, which could be a potential with the heat gun. I've got one I need to fix (thanks to you, I notice it on EVERY Glock now). I'll try this method first.

My uncle and I haven't lost any heat guns but we have burned out about 3 when working with kydex lol. If i was to ever own a Glock i think i would also like to fix the pig nose.

PB with all your cudtom glocks have you done any custom trigger work?

I was reading a glock thread of some guys that do some "custom" work. Not sure I'd try what they were doing. But with all the work your doing with your glocks I'd be interested to see or hear what your doing.

Maybe my eyes are bad. I own lots of Glock. I've never seen this before. Interesting though. Now I will have to further inspect.

Would this work for a "reverse pignose?" I got a Walther PDP frame cerakoted and the heat cure apparently warped the end of the frame downward 'bout 2.5mm. I tried heat gun but the cerakote started blistering a bit on the underside of the frame rail so I stopped right away. Not sure how to hold the frame straight while it cools though in this instance.

That cerakote shop would be buying me a new gun.

Try the hot water. Have q-tips ready as shown and good tape to hold the dust cover straight to the slide.

Good luck.

I don't like the pig nose & I have a lot of Glocks.

I do have a theory as to why it's there. When the slide cycles there is the possibility of dragging debris back into the slide groves, etc. By minimizing the forward gap between the slide & frame, it helps reduce the entry of dirt or other crap into the assembly. After all, Glocks are pretty well thought out in their design.

Thoughts?

Too bad that doesn't work when there's a load on it.

I have a G40 that I put a pistol scope on. The leverage from the scope bends the pig nose to the point that the scope cant be level.

G40 scoped 2.jpg G40 SCOPED.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads