Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Five-seveN... Am I missing something?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by cameronhu, Sep 13, 2009.

1. cameronhu

cameronhu Ridgefield, Wa Member

I'm puzzled.

I know a lot of folks really like these, but I'm not sure why. The round itself seems reasonable, but the gun looks and feels.... I don't know... kinda cheap? I only handled one for about 3 minutes the other day, but it felt sort of insubstantial. The mag release and controls felt like there was some friction w/ the plastic on plastic - not smooth or fluid. And for $1000? What am I missing here, folks? :confused:

2. candyman

candyman Scappoose, OR Active Member

the 20 round mag and a bullet that is shaped like a rifle bullet not rounded like a pistol

other then that im with you the pistol itself is a pos

3. fromotoc

fromotoc Downtown Portland, OR Member

I think there is more hype to this pistol than anything else.

4. Weebs

Weebs Clackamas County Member

I love to open carry my five seven on my left hip along with my mark 23 on my right hip. I've also got a sweet ankle rig for my desert eagle :)
    :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

5. DeLorean

DeLorean Washington/Oregon Member

I bought one in 2005 and absolutely love it. The trigger is very light and it is easy to be accurate with. The loaded gun and extra magazines are still very light for a long day of carrying.

They may not feel very durable but do a little research with Belgian military units that are using them.

6. .45's and .38's

.45's and .38's Happy Valley OR Well-Known Member

Jeez weebs you sound like a big guy to be ankle rigging a desert eagle. Doesnt the five seven shoot a P90 bullet. Thats all the hype. rifle bullet in a pistol thats smaller then a AR pistol...you can actually carry the five seven.

7. Searcher451

Searcher451 Oregon Member

I've long ago stopped wondering why people become attached to a particular firearm, or to a particular brand. When you look at some of the passionate discussions about Glocks, for example, it just makes you laugh at how excited folks can get on both sides of the issue. It's different triggers for different riggers or something like that, I guess. Personally, the gun hold no attraction for me whatsoever. But as wel all know, beauty is in the eye of the gun-holder.

8. cameronhu

cameronhu Ridgefield, Wa Member

Will check into the Belgian military angle. Thanks for the post:thumbup: