JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Although this subject has probably already been talked about I'm still new to this form thing and would appreciate all the help I can get please no rude comments or calling me stupid or a noob hahaha.

Hello everybody just got done building my first ar build its a 7.5in pistol. Here is everything i put together (build list) aero precision gen 2 lower kak Industries lpk. I picked up a phase 5 complete upper. Have spikes st t3 heavy buffer and carbine buffer spring. Aero precision 556 nickel boron bcg. I ordered a ss 223 wylde barrel with m4 feed ramps from classic firearms and bcm alpha kmr handgards i have it all together like it should. I just tried to do some dry runs as far as chambering a round and extracting. It will chambers a few then won't extract a round out of the chamber and we'll try to chamber another round. So i have to push it out by hand My question is is there any reason why this is doing that or any quick fixes?? I'm still waiting on my nogo gauge to come in to see if it locks up with it in there. If it does what can i do or should do. Barrel is only thing i cheeped out on im kinda regretting it now.

I would make sure the chamber is completly clean first especially the lug recesses. If it passes go/no go headspace test I would go fire it and see what happens. Hand cycling doesn't always tell the full story. What are you using to hand cycle ? Dummy rounds I hope. If you are cycling live rounds I am guessing you are not letting the bolt carrier to slam shut with full force and this alone could be the culprit. After chambering a round is the bolt in full battery. Compare to what it looks like when in battery on empty chamber. If gas key on bcg or gas tube is askew it could be causing interference and drag. Also you can have drag from the lower parts improper installation or incompatibility due to out of spec. Let us know what you find.

Last Edited:
NOTE this is a pistol also NOTE that is NOT a buttstock!! That is a shockwave brace on a kak Industries buffer tube i have the paperwork. just a fyi for anyone who trys and say different lol

Chamber was completely clean barrel was fresh out of the neting it came in. I cleaned brushed out the barrel extension/lugs before installing mating it with my upper used white lithium grease for the (ainti seizing) of threds graphite free to lol. I set the threds on the bcm barrel nut to bcms recommendations lubed up my areo nib bcg slapped that in there with ch steped out side and. I used dumbey rounds i have 10 don't ask why lol receive the dummy rounds from a few family members for this reason. Idid try a couple live rounds letting it slam like it should. Same thing happened i was able to get the bolt away from the barrel but its the same issue. I didn't wanna try live rounds but i went outside when i did that for saftey resons and kept the barrel away from me just incase they discharged. gasblock and tube was not installed. Those should arrive today along with my no go gauge damn ups lol. Midway didn't have the go gauge in Stock. waiting on that to come back in. Im also taking it over to a friend's house today. He's a retired marine and builds guns. He's going to check it out. Told him I personally think it needs polished (slightly worked) looks to me like theres bur marks from cutting. But i will definitely let everyone know whats going on. He's checking headspac also. Sad dump so much money in something and you're proud of your work. Then i have problems lol.

1487784011130-361334421.jpg IMG_20170221_113835_642.jpg

Last Edited:
Maybe it is just the lighing but the lugs look like they have burrs on them which if true would definiely cause your issue. Send barrel back if possible and get your money back or get out a small fine file and dress them up if you can't send it back.

Definitely what i thought i just took a few more pictures with the barrel in the upper and barrel nut hand tight just to get a reference as to were the ramps are sitting im sitting here google all types of stuff trying to troubleshoot it before i go over to my buddys later on lol

If all else fails ill contact classic firearms and see what return policy is. I got it for 85.00 bucks shipped i cheeped out and shouldn't have. Trying to find another 7.5inch 556/223 barrel instock is a pain. Although Anderson has a few but shipping is 15 to 20 day wait. they stated that right when your go to the website. Im the type i dont like buying parts here and there i like them to all come in together and fast hate waiting lol voodo sells ar parts but idk if barrels are any good

Screenshot_20170222-131149.png Screenshot_20170222-131151.png

Last Edited:
Well the 7.5 pistol is 100% good so far passed go/nogo gauge test and feeds and ejects good. Firing it on Sunday for final test results lol. here's a picture of the final product vary happy with it went with the b.e meyers 249f flash hider thinking some flip up sights and different pistol grip and a key mode hand stops.

1487823400627837772498.jpg 14878234374581377608640.jpg

Thank you. And exactly how i see it.luckily my friend is ex military who's a gun smith and does Armory work on the side. He said really only thing he could see on my lower when he inspected everything. was my mag release was to tight. You could see a thred or two haha. But when he re-assembled my upper as far as my Barrel tightening the barrel nut and checking everything over. He said i was probably having issues because i have never put together an ar this extensively and didn't properly lubricat everything nor cycle the bolt by hand to work in the lube in. Pretty much breaks down to experience and ill have it eventually. Hopefully no fireballs with this b.e meyers 249f flash hider he had it laying around and said here ya go got it for a good price. Told me he used one in the military so it didn't fash you with night vision on.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top