JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Would this boat be safe in most conditions in the sea?
Yes.......it is quite seaworthy, built by the people that make the US Navy's newest littoral combat ships and others. It is all aluminum, 28 feet long with an 11 foot beam and 4-53 Detroit Diesel inboard. It was built for the US Fish and Wlidlife service and used to tow sampling nets 50 feet wide. I am cleaning her up and removing the hydraulic winches. She has multiple water tight bulkheads and a waterproof deck like a proper boat, a 1000 mile range with over 300 gallons of fuel. She is one of my smaller boats but the 11 foot beam gives her exceptional deck space for whatever activity you want. We are retaining the hydraulic anchor winches and 6KW diesel generator. I may install a flying bridge.......I love to drive from the bridge and hunt sharks sunning themselves on the surface on warm days. All that being said, like my airplanes, I don't operate in poor weather any more. If we get caught, we can deal with it but it isn't fun anymore. When I was very active in my marine salvage company, we did a lot of work in bad seas and low visibility but there is no reason for a recreational boater (or pilot) to be out in it.

You see many sharks on the Oregon Washington coast line?
Sure.........warm quiet days they sun bath on the surface in warmer water. You can spot there fins......they can't resist a dead fish trolled slowly past there nose. Even the Blue's are great eating if bled and handled properly. I used to serve it off the barbecue and everyone thought it was swordfish........but if it isn't bled and cared for properly it gets an ammonia taste.

Damn! Big ones? Ammonia taste? Sick. Is there great whites?
Great whites are illegal to catch now but we caught several off San Migel island in years before the law changed. We would use one of my 60 foot steel workboats with a 6 ton crane. My commercial divers glued up a lure out of wet suit material that looked like a baby seal and put blood packs in it. They would knife the pack and trol the lure just offshore from one of the biggest seal rookeries on the west coast. We used 3/8 inch cable for line on a 14/0 Penn reel. When the shark got close to the boat, we would shoot it with a 12 gauge slug and lift it on deck with the crane. We had no love lost for Whites after picking up the remaining parts of kayakers off from the Malibu coast. My commercial divers carried bang sticks most of the time after being buzzed several times in 100 feet of water off from point conception. We fished a lot while working at sea. I have lots of photos but they are from before digital photography.

Great whites are illegal to catch now but we caught several off San Migel island in years before the law changed. We would use one of my 60 foot steel workboats with a 6 ton crane. My commercial divers glued up a lure out of wet suit material that looked like a baby seal and put blood packs in it. They would knife the pack and trol the lure just offshore from one of the biggest seal rookeries on the west coast. We used 3/8 inch cable for line on a 14/0 Penn reel. When the shark got close to the boat, we would shoot it with a 12 gauge slug and lift it on deck with the crane. We had no love lost for Whites after picking up the remaining parts of kayakers off from the Malibu coast. My commercial divers carried bang sticks most of the time after being buzzed several times in 100 feet of water off from point conception. We fished a lot while working at sea. I have lots of photos but they are from before digital photography.
All that stuff you just spoke about, is foreign to me. Like crazy!!!

And that's why the river and farm pond is where you'll find me. Maybe a high mountain lake or two...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top