JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The best artificial lure I ever used while trolling for trout is the smallest sized frog/tadpole colored Luhr Jensen Hot Shot. The ones with the yellow under belly are my favorite.
I suppose you could also cast them from the bank if you have the right rod and line.
They should be illegal they work so good.

View attachment 300029
Use a Okuma SST Kockenee killer 7'6" rod with a "bass reel" like a Quantum Smoke! That rod will cast across the the Clackamas up at river mill dam! Nice Trout weight rod, another fun rod is the Lamaglass XMG 50 Steel Head rod, excellent for casting super long with some serious weight at the end! Great for spinners, wigglers, or spoons in swift current!

I find non-traditional fishing methods oftentimes to be the most effective.

upload_2016-6-30_8-8-16.jpeg

I will make this short and sweet. I suck at fishing. And I have 5 kids. I can hunt well, but not fish. With that said, if anyone has any decent reels for trout, and your just gonna throw them out, I will take them off your hands.
Thanks
J

So how exactly would me giving you an old reel make you a better fisherman?
Fishing is learned by doing, no amount of gear will make you great at it.

Fishing and hunting really aren't that much different from each other. You stalk the fish, and you read signs on the water that tell you where fish are most likely located. Then all have to do is put your lure in front of its face and pray.

For kids, they get bored fairly easy if they're not catching. I would try to start them off with warm water fish as they're easy to catch and give a good fight when you do. These fish include: bass, crappie, sunfish, bluegill. You can find these in Ice House and Little Ask lakes.

I will post some techniques for kids for these fish later today/tonight.

Adults who are burned out on planter lake trout love the panfish too.

So how exactly would me giving you an old reel make you a better fisherman?
Fishing is learned by doing, no amount of gear will make you great at it.

Fishing and hunting really aren't that much different from each other. You stalk the fish, and you read signs on the water that tell you where fish are most likely located. Then all have to do is put your lure in front of its face and pray.
Cause the reels were touched by a masters hands

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads