JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was thinking about going crabbing this Friday off the docks in Waldport, any recommendations about fishing off there? Wasn't sure what could fish for there and also what to use, any advice?

Ya I'm good with crabbing part, have done a lot off it over there. The mink the shop sells there works really good.

Actual fishing is what I'm a lil fuzzy on, not much of a fishermen and wasn't sure what to go after or use since I won't have a steelhead tag.

hi just was wondering how the crabbing and fishing went..theres not too much out in the water right now except steelies...you coulda caught some perch and maybe a greenling. but imo its just a bit too cold.

Was thinking about going crabbing this Friday off the docks in Waldport, any recommendations about fishing off there? Wasn't sure what could fish for there and also what to use, any advice?

STNOSU I like a boat to take full advantage of the crabs, without a doubt, it will put you right in there living room. Having had an old and small 1960s / 14'- 9'' Glasstron, ski flight.
The one other thing I did learn about crabbing was to crab within an hour or so of the changing tides. I always set my pots as close as I dare to the mouth of the bar, about an hour or so before the changing tide. I hope this helps off the dock, but truthfully crabbing in a boat makes a huge difference.
Edit:- By the way December usually is the start of crabbing season for the commercial market. I myself have always done well in December out close to the mouth. Be careful your life is worth more than a dozen crab.
Silver Hand

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads