JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not much of a steelheader so for this time of the year I have no advice.

Come spring/summer/fall time the Willamette is chocked full of bass, carp, pikeminnow, and the occasional trout. There's Michael's Landing at 1st and Tyler for those days you only have a few minutes to fish, and Crystal Lake and Willamette Parks on the south side of town for those summer days you have a bit more time (to oggle the girls floating on by).

Again in the spring/summer/fall time the Marys river wraps all the way around Avery park and is mostly wade-able, again with plenty of smallmouth bass, pikeminnow, and the very rare trout.

If memory serves me correctly February 1st is usually the opening day for EE Wilson, for which they normally stock quite generously with large and trophy brookies, along with brooder rainbows. Don't expect much shoulder room there during the stocking season though.

I'm not much of a steelheader so for this time of the year I have no advice.

Come spring/summer/fall time the Willamette is chocked full of bass, carp, pikeminnow, and the occasional trout. There's Michael's Landing at 1st and Tyler for those days you only have a few minutes to fish, and Crystal Lake and Willamette Parks on the south side of town for those summer days you have a bit more time (to oggle the girls floating on by).

Again in the spring/summer/fall time the Marys river wraps all the way around Avery park and is mostly wade-able, again with plenty of smallmouth bass, pikeminnow, and the very rare trout.

If memory serves me correctly February 1st is usually the opening day for EE Wilson, for which they normally stock quite generously with large and trophy brookies, along with brooder rainbows. Don't expect much shoulder room there during the stocking season though.

Is the Willamette safe to fish in? I thought it was overflowing with toxic ooze or something.

South of Corvallis and BellFountain on 99W you will see an East turn for Irish Bend (look BOTH WAYS TWICE when re-entering the highway!). It is undeveloped parkland cottonwood forest with an old bypassed covered bridge to a pioneer settlement that was entirely washed away, very wild, with a long sweep of the Willamette. Access is limited during flood season, but you can drive right out to the gravel bars most of the year. Keep your distance from any hippie/gypsy campers---they LIVE there. You can drift for salmon or spin for cutthroat trout, and it's a good spot for shooting if there is nobody camping around. DO bring your fishing license as officers sometimes drop by, but it is usually deserted there, and stunningly beautiful......................elsullo :p

Have a spot where the lukyiamute, Santiam and the Willamette all meet up. Sometimes just go across the road to the Willamette for native trout or salmon.

South of Corvallis and BellFountain on 99W you will see an East turn for Irish Bend (look BOTH WAYS TWICE when re-entering the highway!). It is undeveloped parkland cottonwood forest with an old bypassed covered bridge to a pioneer settlement that was entirely washed away, very wild, with a long sweep of the Willamette. Access is limited during flood season, but you can drive right out to the gravel bars most of the year. Keep your distance from any hippie/gypsy campers---they LIVE there. You can drift for salmon or spin for cutthroat trout, and it's a good spot for shooting if there is nobody camping around. DO bring your fishing license as officers sometimes drop by, but it is usually deserted there, and stunningly beautiful......................elsullo :p

You can't drive out there at all anymore, unless launching a boat. People leaving their trash, abandoned cars, and shooting bottles have ruined it for everyone. It is gated now, and has been for more than a year. Too bad it used to be nice.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top