JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That makes sense, he taught me how to fish, and how to fish for trout. He took me once to this lake, it was more like a large pond, but with the bluest water I've ever seen in Oregon. We had a bunch of those Periwinkles. He passed a long while ago but I wish I could remember where that lake was, Id like to take my Son.

blue lake maybe, its off of Suttle lake. Super blue waters and super deep.. also Private property now I believe.

I used to use a fly called a "Chamois Nymph" on the rivers in Utah during the winter for whitefish, (trout was closed though I C&R quite a few nice browns). http://www.flyanglersonline.com/flytying/fotw2/031003fotw.php. Way easier than finding and pulling those little bugs out of their cases, and the fly is a dead ringer for the caddis fly nymph. It can be tied with different shades of latex too.

I fished them on spinning gear at the end of 6# line with a splitshot up 8"-10" and then a loop with an 8"-10" leader with a different fly tied to it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top