JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was at the Fisherman's Marine & Outdoor on McLoughlin this morning at 10:45am trying to find the usual suspects(.223, .22lr, magazines, etc.) and I saw a prime example of why we can't buy anything. Standing at the gun counter, a young man walked up and motioned to an older employee that he obviously knew, who then handed him their ENTIRE SHIPMENT(10-15) of Ruger BX-25 magazines so that undoubtedly they could be sold on forums like this for triple the price. When I looked at them and said, "Wow, he get's ALL of those?", they actually laughed at me. I have no problem with people make a profit selling their items, this however is collusion. I spend THOUSANDS of dollars a year between their two east side stores. Never again. I hope evrybody sees this and everybody boycott's them. I guess I got to see first hand why stores limit purchases these days. Kip

I did. I also sent an email to be sure that they know my money will go elsewhere. I have spent a lot of time chasing primers, powders, ammo and mags between the Delta Park and Oregon City stores. Apparently they were all sold out the backdoor before any actual customers had a chance. B U L L S H I T. Kip

Call their store manager, or go higher up the chain.

I prefer Bi-Mart myself. They even have reasonable quantity limits in place to make sure no one customer can clean out their inventory. Plus they have a lot more locations than Fisherman's, and better everyday prices as well.

butler (Small).JPG If you're just looking for hi-cap 10/22, check Wholesale Sports in Clackamas. They're Butler Creek, but they had a ton as of two days ago.

butler (Small).JPG

Well, when youre in a position to feed your family and minimum wage aint cutting it, i can see why these gougers need to do what they gotta do. Fortunately, im just blessed that im not in their position to be doing so. To each their own, really. It just sucks when we cant rely on a local shop or retail store to be able to provide for us as emthusiasts and gun owners. Im with those who wouldnt mind a policy on purchasing limits. But realistically, who's listening to us right now?

Wow, love all the assumptions in this thread. How do you know he didn't have a backorder thru the store? How do you know he didn't get a tip, like above in post #8 from Raindog, and call in and have several held? How do you know he's just going to resell and gouge people?
I'll assume that you have ample stock of mags and ammo, and I guess I can also assume, the only reason you do is to wait and dump them on the market to gouge the rest of us too.

If he bought 15 mags at $25/each and could easily sell them for $80+ each he just made $825.00

Not bad for a sack of mags.

Of course, tomorrow if the puppet announces a sweeping Federal (proposed) ban on mags, those same mags might be worth $200 overnight.

I was in Fisherman's in Tigard today and there are signs all over stating "Due to high demand no more than 3 boxes of handgun ammo, 22LR and 223 or 3 high capacity mags can be purchased by an individual" They had AR Mags and a few boxes of 22. I limited myself to 3. Nothing wrong as far as I can see. I could have gone back and got more after my purchase, but I didn't.

Heres the deal Call coraporte.......................... There phone is 503-283-8310

I called and talked to one of the buyers today. I was very nice and stated my issues and he gave good feedback and said he would address. If you have a issue call them.

Also they had BX25 listed at $40 and pmags at $40 yesterday. But holding for an employee is a big no no when it comes to retail custmer is always first

The title on this thread is a bit bogus... They aren't stealing anything from you. It isn't yours... You didn't buy it... They're simply putting themselves and friends ahead of you. Likely doing this for some personal financial gains given the current conditions.

The best protest is with your wallet. I've never shopped at this store, but this type of stuff boils my blood. I'll continue to donate to Wholesale Sports and whomever has ammo when I find it!

If he bought 15 mags at $25/each and could easily sell them for $80+ each he just made $825.00

Not bad for a sack of mags.

Of course, tomorrow if the puppet announces a sweeping Federal (proposed) ban on mags, those same mags might be worth $200 overnight.

Or they will be instantly ILLEGAL to own and the guy won't be making anything. All depends on what laws are passed. I'm hoping nothing will make it through. But we all know that's a pipe-dream. Much like seeing AR-15 prices go down anytime soon.

Even if ordered Fishermans is limiting mags to 2 per customer. The Delta Park store had probably 100 on a rack on Friday. They were limited to just 2 per customer at 39.99 each. Looks like fishermans is making a few dollars also.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top