JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What!!! It's MAY MAN! You don't even have to leave the house to buy one anymore... tho I advise you do, as I almost got a ticket the other day because my phone decided to store the app on the cloud so I could not produce proof of a license. I was lucky and let go, I guess I have an honest face. Third time I've ever been checked too!

Anyway, I hear there was like two weeks of a decent winter run where they all went at once, but otherwise it seems like spring is where it's at this year.

Naw, caveman don't do that app stuff.

Well they must have been southern fish cuz they didn't come into the Chehalis River basin. Was nonexistent from the reports from the pros that I know.o_O

Oregon's ODFW has stated that there will only be three more years of paper tags, after that you will be dealing with smart phone apps.
That way when you fill out your harvest tag online, they will know exactly where you are.

Naw, caveman don't do that app stuff.

Well they must have been southern fish cuz they didn't come into the Chehalis River basin. Was nonexistent from the reports from the pros that I know.o_O
I don't know about Chehalis, but they all came in middle of February. It was a really off year. From what it seems to me tho, they were mostly around coastal areas, and I heard nothing coming from inland waters.

Oregon's ODFW has stated that there will only be three more years of paper tags, after that you will be dealing with smart phone apps.
That way when you fill out your harvest tag online, they will know exactly where you are.
Well they better get with the service providers to keep apps from clouding. I don't open my ODFW app every time I go fishing, and honestly haven't caught a salmon in years... usually I just catch big trout.
Actually only ever landed on jack spring chinook, I was trout fishing on the Deschutes. LoL

Sorry I got sidetracked brother here you go, she's all loaded up & ready to go.
:p:p:p

View attachment 575425

Come on guys, you said ya wanted a tutorial with the caveman, pony up & let's go rip some lips.:)

View attachment 575424

It sure looks good Jim. Does your boat have it own smell? I don't mean like old bait, old attractant, old fish, old man, something else. Well....old man maybe? I don't mean the herring/sand shrimp that slipped into the bilge accidentally either. My boat has a distinctive smell. When we go on our vacation and the boat sits open moored on the lake, it still has it's smell after a couple of weeks. It still has that same smell since February 2001

I think I'll uncover it today and check things out. I need to replace fuel lines, after 18 years ya think? I replaced the bulb and lines to the big motor last year because the bulb was deteriorating, but there a short line that goes inside to the pump that's looking cracked. And the kicker bulb and lines are original.

Well guys, since there was no commits for Merwin fishing trips next week I'm going to go to Drano and leave the boat at home. My buddy that lives and Stevenson contacted me and said he has an open seat for me on Monday and Tuesday fishing for spring Kings.
I would have liked to meet some of you guys, maybe next time.;)

Well guys, since there was no commits for Merwin fishing trips next week I'm going to go to Drano and leave the boat at home. My buddy that lives and Stevenson contacted me and said he has an open seat for me on Monday and Tuesday fishing for spring Kings.
I would have liked to meet some of you guys, maybe next time.;)
Bring back some pictures!

Reports are good so far this year!
Which is why I'll be buying tags again!
I think you'll be slaying them, and will be much satisfied!

I might catch something... if I'm lucky! :D

Yes! Good reason to wrap the phone in tin foil.

I don't know about Chehalis, but they all came in middle of February. It was a really off year. From what it seems to me tho, they were mostly around coastal areas, and I heard nothing coming from inland waters.

Most are Dec and Jan runs but there's a few rivers, back in the day I normally wouldn't start fishing until mid March for the late big steelhead run.

It sure looks good Jim. Does your boat have it own smell? I don't mean like old bait, old attractant, old fish, old man, something else. Well....old man maybe? I don't mean the herring/sand shrimp that slipped into the bilge accidentally either. My boat has a distinctive smell. When we go on our vacation and the boat sits open moored on the lake, it still has it's smell after a couple of weeks. It still has that same smell since February 2001

I think I'll uncover it today and check things out. I need to replace fuel lines, after 18 years ya think? I replaced the bulb and lines to the big motor last year because the bulb was deteriorating, but there a short line that goes inside to the pump that's looking cracked. And the kicker bulb and lines are original.

Naw, it just smelled of fish slime, blood and spilled sweet tea.:D:D:D

My sister's friend just sent me a picture they went to the lake today .
Got a few nice trout . 7836.jpeg

Did some trout fishing at Hart lake .
Here in Anacortes .
Today with @Melmelhunter .
We had pretty good day got four fish two really nice ones.
Lol well I caught 1 she caught the other 3 And the biggest one.
But anyway had a good time.
Her fish was over 3lbs and 18 inch . 8786.jpeg MVIMG_20190605_131656.jpg MVIMG_20190605_094029.jpg 8804.jpeg MVIMG_20190605_094006.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top