JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So my warning here is YOU MAY DO MORE HARM to yourself or your family using fish antibiotics in emergency situations.

Good advice.

My ex would take my daughter to the clinic for every little sniffle and demand antibiotics. They always prescribed them whether needed or not. To this day I think this is still the methodology for a lot of clinicians. I have yet to have a doctor wait for tests to come back before prescribing an antibiotic (I think I have had them less than a half-dozen times in my 6+ decades).

My intention is to have the antibiotics on hand and take them on advice of a medical professional - if possible. I do have a doctor (albeit an eye doctor) as a neighbor. Otherwise I would only use them where it seems clear they are needed.

In some SHTF situations, antibiotics may not be available - there may be a shortage or none available at all. So having them on hand and not needing them is better than needing them and not having them.

Other than the skin, I'm very healthy, got the flu last year for the first time in over 10 years, rarely get colds, no chronic conditions.

I get colds - maybe once or twice this time of year. But colds are a virus and not treatable by antibiotics. However, sometimes I do sometimes develop a cough and sinus infection that hangs on for months afterwards.

Last year that happened and I decided to go to the clinic instead of suffering through it until spring. They gave me Doxycycline and the infection resolved in less than 10 days, so it seems it was effective.

Just a BTW.

It is fine to talk about the precautions we take ourselves, but we have to keep in mind that there are a lot of people out there who don't know to be careful about such things.

Plus accidents happen to even the most cautious of people.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top