JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Salem, Or - I have for sale a first year "transition" M1911a1. This pistol was rearsenaled at the Augusta Arsenal at one point and has been parkerized, fitted with a Remington Rand slide, HS barrel and stamped AA. Pistol is 100% USGI and untouched since leaving military service - Excellent condition with a near perfect bore. There were only 10,000 M1911a1 pistols produced in 1924. Will come with 5 USGI magazines (3 Risdon, 2 Scoville) Craighead leather holster, 1943 Evansville Ordanance ball ammo and a GI pistol belt.

SOLD

IMG_7155.JPG IMG_7157.JPG IMG_7159.JPG IMG_7161.JPG IMG_7162.JPG IMG_7163.JPG IMG_7164.JPG IMG_7168.JPG IMG_7169.JPG IMG_7171.JPG IMG_7172.JPG

Last Edited:
How old is the Colt box and does the ammo have corrosive primers?

I'm unsure of the age on the Colt box or if it is even an original Colt box - it is something I had laying around in the parts closet for some time and didn't come with the pistol.

As far as the ammo being corrosive - I wasn't planning on shooting the ammo as it was wartime surplus that the gentleman who owned this pistol had stashed all of these years and secondly because it is 74 years old. I'm not 100% certain but I believe corrosive primers were being used through the 40's and I would just assume these are corrosive. There may be websites out there that will give an idea of when corrosive primers stopped being used.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.