Oregon Arms & Ammunition
J&B Firearm Sales
Sporting Systems
Gun Deals
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Oregon Rifleworks
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

First year 1894 winchester guestions

Reactions
I am new to the forum so I haven’t found my way around yet. Bought a first year serial 94 in 30 wcf. Found out that the 30 wcf didn’t come with this model till 95. Its a very nice , tight rifle (although it have been blued). I would like to check the barrel numbers and symbols if anyone on here knows. It has its 94 stamp along with a 5 to the side. Also some letters. I’m concerned it’s a re-barrel.
Any thoughts?

Reactions: ron
This is a great forum for many things, but for specific esoteric questions like yours I suggest going to a collector forum. I suggest that you take some pictures, register at ForumWinchester Collector, and ask your question there.

EDIT: pictures are essential. For example, there are 5 styles of company/address barrel markings that were used on the Model 1894 and 94. Posting a picture of the company/address marking on the barrel would help determine what time period the barrel was made.

I have a Model 1894 Rifle in .30WCF that was made in 1898.

DSC_0070_1898.JPG

Last edited:

LATEST REVIEWS

• Supporting Vendor Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I had a second gunsmithing job completed by Mr. Copeland. As with the first, he did amazingly good work, communication was solid, and the rates...
    • CountryGent
    5.00 star(s)
    I brought Tim a henry goldenboy youth and a vision of what I wanted. Tim made it come true at a very reasonable price, while others quoted me way...
    • Iceman04503
    5.00 star(s)
    Tim, has done several projects including a sweet 1911 .38 super project
    • Qochoc
  • Mary's Pistols
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic small business with equally excellent folks running the place. I was given fair value for a trade in and was able to order something I...
    • Red98422
  • Gooseneck Road
    4.00 star(s)
    Very popular service road with some unmarked logging roads that branch off of the main. Relatively cleaned up from what we saw. I just wish that...
    • Benzdriver81

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS

Staff online