JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wonder what her MOS is. In the Army, can you go to sniper school without having a combat MOS? Congrats to her though! As long as standards aren't manipulated and lowered I am all for it.

"We're all incredibly proud of her," said Capt. Joshua O'Neill, her OSUT company commander. "There wasn't a doubt in our minds that she would succeed."

I wonder why...

I wonder what her MOS is. In the Army, can you go to sniper school without having a combat MOS? Congrats to her though! As long as standards aren't manipulated and lowered I am all for it.
From what I could find, she was a fully qualified infantry (wo)man who had completed her advanced training before being recommended by training staff and superiors!
That Army sniper a school is no joke, every bit the challenges the Corps have for prospective shooters, with additional challenges I cannot name!

*Btw, I helped the Air Force with it's transition into this field, and so audited ( Attended) both Army and Marine schools, 22 weeks worth, then made recommendations based in part on my training experiences and what and how we could adapt our own program to fit our unique needs! I also later audited the Coast Guard school to help enlighten them of our experiences in this unique martial craft!

When the Coast Guard sniper team beat the Marine sniper team a few years ago, it became indisputable that you can teach any old knucklehead to choot.
Wait, what? The Coast Guard has a sniper team? Are all the drunken boaters during Seafair weekend that much of a problem?

Anyway, on topic -- doesn't surprise me. I've seen a number of females over the past few years, both in the military and in law enforcement, with great shooting skills. As far as being a sniper -- so much of it is about patience, and it just seems that a lot of women have more patience than most of us guys....

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top