JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think that's an acceptable response considering the situation. 20 years is a long time IMO to get use out of the equipment mentioned.

I wouldn't chock that up as an unacceptable or unsatisfactory response. I think it's quite fair considering the situation and the length of time.

I spouted off here about something that bugged me hoping for some perspective. I got that.

Those that pointed out 20 years is pretty darn good for anything electronic are voicing the proper perspective.

In fact it was exactly what my inner voice was saying as I composed the post, putting it all into words and reviewing them as expressed.
Sometimes that's what it takes. Sometimes it takes an outer voice or two.

Thanks to all.

And for Orygun, the scale is a "Powder Pro". Got one? (I only have 3 .30-06's around here. Some guy on the webbernet keeps insisting they're worth a dam so you ain't gettin' one.):p

I think that's an acceptable response considering the situation. 20 years is a long time IMO to get use out of the equipment mentioned.

I wouldn't chock that up as an unacceptable or unsatisfactory response. I think it's quite fair considering the situation and the length of time.
POINT.....

My wifes warranty even ran out after 20 years.......

Didn't you read the fine print? The warranty SPECIFICALLY STATES:

"Upon the eating of wedding cake, the portion of the "wife warranty" covering the libido function shall no longer be in effect thereafter for the remaining lifetime of said wife", however the limited, 'this isn't the way my mom cooked it' clause remains in effect."

Last Edited:
RCBS hasn't offered a repair for that for years. PACT used to offer to upgrade & improve it for $75 replace an eprom). Guess they don't do that anymore.
Mine still worked but gave it away. Now have the Hornady auto dispenser, but lately I've been using my Lyman #55 classic powder measure. With ball and flake powders, it's right on (i.e. +/- 0.1gr), every time.
My RCBS *never* performed that well, even with the McDonald's straw hack, and the Hornady is only consistently accurate when I program it for slow feed.

And I do appreciate your generosity Sir, thank you.;););)
It worked well with extruded IMR3031 and have used it extensively for rifle loads since I received it but it did seem to fluctuate +/- .1-.3g every once in a while. I would recalibrate it before every use and as a precaution I would check it with the trusty 10-10 often. I'll probably replace it this winter and donate it for parts to someone who can use it.:)
Thanks again brother!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads