JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know this was already posted, but I am looking at 2 different presses. I have never done this, but I am pretty mechanically inclined. I for now am only looking to reload .45acp. I am looking at either the Lee Pro 1000 loader, or the Lee Classic Turret press. Which one would be better for a first timer? What are the differences between them? The price is about the same, I just don't know much about this stuff.

Thanks rockkrawler, that looks great. How big are those? You have seen my house, I need something compact-ish.... The guy also has 1000 rounds of .45acp once fired brass for $45, looks like a great deal.

I know the guy selling that press,he is fair in his assement of items.
Bolt it down to a thick board,then c-clamp it down on your table,good to go.
The foot print is smaller than the 450/550's i have so you won't have any issues.
If i had the room i would have already bought it,but with over a dozen already in here space is at a premium.

Lee turret is all you need all the other press's are way over priced and you dont need a progressive press thier trash and take way to long to setup unless you only use it for one cal and one load then they arnt to bad when making up 1000's of rounds.

RED ALL THE WAY I have a 40 plus year old lee classic that me and my late father have loaded hundreds of thousands of rounds on and its still going strong!!! Why go blue when you can go red and also get yourself a new firearm for the cash.

So, what is a better option? The lee or progressive? I just want to start out slow, then reload a ton of .45acp ammo. I have read great things about both, I just want the best option in the $200ish price range I have set for myself. If I hear back from the guy w/ the progressive, I will probably go that route, I am anxious to start doing this. I just want to start making my own rounds immediately.

I think the important question is how many rounds are you planning on shooting in a month if its 100-200 single stage is fine but if you shoot alot of competitions you will be spending alot of time at the reloading bench. I shoot about 200-300 a week for practice and usually shoot 2 or more mtches a month for 600 or more rounds so single stage doesnt cut it for me.

The lee classic is a great machine but the pro-1000 you need to plan on tinkering with every loading sesion. The dillon 450 or 550 once you set them up and learn how to change out caliber and primer size is fast 300+ rounds an hour no problem.

Do you have someone to show you the ropes about reloading ? This would be good if you do there is alot to learn. That being said I hadnt loaded a single round in my life bought a dillon 550 and 4 hours later I was at the range with my first test batch 7-8yrs ago and Ive been hooked ever since.

What ever you decide get a good reloading maual Sierra, lyman, Speer read it before sarting take your time check and double check everything go slow speed will come with some time

You wont save a dime but youll get to shoot more for your money

soon you will be like the rest of us we have meetings they usually start like this " IM John and IM a realoder"

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top