JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys, I'm looking to get my first suppressor and would love some insight on what's good out there. I'm hoping to keep it around 7-$800 with the stamp. It will be mounted on my Rugger 556 MPR but I'd like to have a quick detach brake for it. What are some good cans that will last me a long time? Also I want a company that will replace or repair it should something go wrong since I plan to use it a lot. Thanks in advice!

IMO any silencerco, dead air, surefire or AAC 7.62 can will do well for your 5.56. i say 7.62 because you might as well get that incase you want a 300blk or .308 to be quiet some day.

I love my silencerco specwar 762 but it is fairly heavy at 24oz, I hunt with mine and the extra weight is very noticeable. I'd recommend going with a titanium suppressor to save on weight. I've heard good things about the YHM suppressors.

I have shot, silencerco, yhm, Surefire, OSS, dead air, and bowers 556 and 30 cal cans.

The ones I noticeably liked the most on the AR15 were the YHM phantom, and the Surefire socom. Both were very easy to fire with no ear pro. Both have QD systems.

I could tell a slight difference between a 556 and a 30 cal can on the 556 when directly fired back to back. But not when only shooting a 30 cal on 556. In other words it is very close and to someone that has both you can notice, but if you don't, you likely will never know.

Because I liked the YHM phantom so much I put in for their newer turbo model. No feedback yet, in time maybe.

2 weeks ago my first suppressors were released and are in my safe. About the best phone call to get!

Great suggestions here. Going as universal as you can size wise gets you more hush for the $$. Watch the build ratings on them. There are light weight versions made mainly for hunting. These are not meant for constant trigger time and have lower cycle ratings. If you like a mag dump now and then, or shooting a lot you might look for a higher rating. Good tech articles on them on the website below.

I got mind from Gun Silencers For Sale Buy Silencer Pistol Rifle Shotgun in TX and used Riches Gun Shop in Donald OR as the NFA dealer to receive them. That shop also has one of the Silencership kiosks for finger printing and photos etc. Riches also sells suppressors there from their own stock as well.

A phone call to the guys at SilencerShop will yield some answers your looking for. Me personally I really like my Griffen Recci 7, its my 7.62 and shooting .300 blk is amazing with it. I have a mount for my 5.56 for it, but have yet to want to shoot anything but my 300blk's when range time comes.

Just reread your post. Quick detach, and wanting repair service.

When I went looking for my first ones I ask a good customer/friend that kicks in doors for a living, not on US soil. He shared the #1 issue for suppressors is due to alinement. Basically the can loosening / going off center and you get a baffle strike. I ended up getting the 7.62 he suggested (and uses for work) since it used a taper lock when threaded on. This is the Griffen Recci 7. Griffin Armament. BTW that company is also owned by combat veterans as well.

SIG also uses a taper that they build into their barrel systems, for the same reason.

As for service. Me personally when I am conserned for this, just call the would be manufactures I am looking at buying. I flat out say I am calling for service and see how they handle it. I quickly make my desison on how that call goes.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top