JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Although I have been eyeing for a Kahr, but I went ahead to buy the PM9 is partly because of a post which shows their 2009 "new model" with safety and the warning message tattoo on the slide, this made me to hurry up to buy one before they might one day stop offer the nice/neat/clean "old model" . I bought a new PM9 2 weeks ago, it is a 7/2009 production, I finally took it out to the range today. The following is what I've posted on KahrTalk, just want to share with those who is considering a Kahr (or PM9).

I took my newly acquired PM9 out to the range today for the 1st time, it surely can shoot better than I can. I'm close to 200 rounds mark but decided to call it a day and complete the break-in next week.

I shot 4 brands of FMJ today: Winchester 115, Brazer (aluminum) 115, PMC 124, HSM 124. Except for a single incident that the slide remained open when there were still 3 rounds in the mag (happened with PMC, soon after the 36th round down the pipe), otherwise it was smooth sailing, no FTF, no light strike, no stove pipe. I cannot be happier on the accuracy dept, it is accurate right out of the box.. all those outside of the back is operator error, I can out them back in the black as soon as I re-concentrate.

The only improvement I need to pursue is to save my pinky.. I do NOT have a large hand already, but my pinky tends to position at the bottom-rear of the 6 rounder ... it starting to hurt after 8~10 ma, I also felt the pinch by the gap between the grip and the mag. Shooting the 7 rounder is whole lot more comfy, but it sure looks ugly. I like the idea to retrofit the k9 baseplate which surely make the PM9 looks more "complete", but I may first give the Pearce extension a try.

All in all, I enjoy today's range time, it is very good in the accuracy department, it is the MOST comfortable to carry (among those I have and had owned), I am also very pleased that my piece functions very reliably, and I feel confident that it will.

Be safe!

Great write-up.
There is a guy on ARFCOM that has over 24,000 rounds through his PM9. Still runs great.

The cool thing about these pistols, is that the more they are fired, the nicer they get. They are built very tight right from the factory.

I have a P45 that I take to the gunshows for people to check out the trigger pull and beat on. It has never been fired, but it has been racked hundreds of times. It keeps getting smoother.
I'm going to keep that one for myself. Break-in was free.:s0114::s0114:

Thanks for the review. I too got my PM9 a few days ago, but haven't gotten to shoot it yet. I plan on picking up a Pearce grip extension for the 6rd mag so that I can have a spot for my pinky. I went ahead and bought an Uncle Mike's IWB sz 36 and it fits great. Doesn't hide the gun as well as my Comp-Tac MTAC and larger M&P 9c, but for the price it'll do. I can even use it in my front pocket as well. I'm eager to try out the gun at the range.

Congrat for the PM9! I hope you'll like it like I do.. it took me ~2 full weeks before I could head out to the range, but I've been carrying it in my UncleMike #1 (which is actually for my Bersa 380cc) and it was oh so comfortable, I almost forgot it is there. (but is #36 for revolver? Wouldn't it be too big for the PM9?)

Anyway, I have bought an Alessi OWB for it (from Karh) it actually arrives today, it is a very nice leather, comfy and pull in close, I like it. Also bought a Ace Tuckable from CheaperThanDirt for <$10 + shipping, should arrive in a few days, the Ace should ride lower than UncleMike.. I hope it can house my 380cc too.

Be safe.

Thanks for the review. I too got my PM9 a few days ago, but haven't gotten to shoot it yet. I plan on picking up a Pearce grip extension for the 6rd mag so that I can have a spot for my pinky. I went ahead and bought an Uncle Mike's IWB sz 36 and it fits great. Doesn't hide the gun as well as my Comp-Tac MTAC and larger M&P 9c, but for the price it'll do. I can even use it in my front pocket as well. I'm eager to try out the gun at the range.

I bought the #36 because a PM9 owner on another forum suggested it. It fits fine and covers the entire trigger guard. It's not a super snug fit, but it's darn close. I did take a look at the #1, but it's design seems like it's better suited for a longer barreled pistol like the CW45 which a buddy of mine has.

Well I put ~120rds through it today. I'm amazed at it's accuracy for such a small and light gun. I shoot it better than my larger and heavier M&P 9c, but that may be due to me not liking the novak sights on the S&W. I only had one FTF and that was after 100rds.

Congrat, Yeos, one more zero-problem range time and it's ready for CC.. ain't that trigger ssssweeeeet? :D

BTW, you're right about #1, it is indeed a lil long for PM9, but a tight fit overall. I like to share that, from my experience with my #1, due to the weak plastic clip, it is quite easy to gut push up and out when leaning/bending forward, I fear of risk of dropping the gun... on other hand, the material is indeed very comfy and I have no problem using it for quick trip around the block ... but I am shopping for a better IWB to replace it.

On other hand, I've received the Alessi belt slide (OWB) yesterday -- I ordered it from KahrShop, it is a very nice rig, comfy and pull close to the body. I have another costed me about the same (for the Bersa 380cc) but the Alessi is of higher quality, I see it a very good buy. Today is Day2 for the break-in process, it is getting more conformed to my body already :D

Keep us posted on your session 2.. I'll do the same.

Cheers.

The M-TAC-IWB works great for a PM9 you won't know it's there unless you need it. Crossbreed is another good holster, just ordered one for my CW.45...Yeah I like Kahrs. :s0155:

Definitely get the Pearce pinky rest, I have one on my MK9 (sorry, I already gave the other to another member) and totally prefer it over the feel of the 7 round mag. I carry in a Desantis thumb break belt slide, this works with most shirts and all jackets. The only problem is that it rides kinda high so after wearing it for awhile it tends to tip out. With lighter shirts I use an uncle mike IWB with good results. I am also constantly surprised by the accuracy of this little gun.

BersaGuy!! Good to hear from you.. hey, they still have a DiamondBlack on the shelves for $625. Not super but not too bad a price. Hit me up again when you are in town next time :D

Same as Yeos, never shoot a MK9 but imagine that it should give less felt recoil due to the added weight. I like MK better than the PM, just want to stay below $600 however :D

Yeos, my plan on the Ace tuckable has changed.. I ordered the wrong holster by mistake -- instead of the tuckable I must have clicked the standard non-tuckable.. I will ended up spending close to $30 to exchange for the correct one.. so.. I will spend the money on something else .. which I still undecided yet. Meantime, here's my 3 days young Alessi belt-slide, I like it a lot.

View attachment 226276
View attachment 226277
View attachment 226278

Yeos, dice is rolled... I ended up buying a Mitch Rosen Clipper.. not tuckable however. Will snap some pix after it has arrived.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top