JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a Mark l, the trick is to turn the grip up before putting the last pin assembly in. After you do it a few times, it's easy.
As far as Volquartzen parts, they are worth every penny.

Nice, concise, video.
I have owned a few Ruger MKs and love these pistols.
Sure their takedown process is different from say a 1911, but once you do it a few times it is really easy to do. The "difficulty" of the process just seems overblown to me.

Take apart a.. the list is way long and you'll need pliers, punches, hammers and whatnot.. especially old school guns.
Just get a glock and Mario out (slanderous gaming slur for pikers in general).

It drove me crazy when I hadn't shot it (MarkII) in a year or so then after finally shooting it again trying to remember the trick to re-assemble it. You can get it all together and it looks right but it won't fire.
51.50 is right about turning the grip up as I remember. If you plan on shooting it a lot re-assy is easy enough but let a year slip by and you'll be needing instructions!

Just talking to a guy at the range today who told me that he's never cleaned his Mark 3. and says he's heard of guys never cleaning a older version Mark 1. I thought it was a testament to the brute flawless functionality but now I'm wondering if it's more related to this topic..

It's like anything else: it gets easier. But I have to admit chuckling with malicious glee when I read the thread title.

My first MkIII was so tight when it was new, I could hardly budge it with a rubber mallet. But now, meh, point it skyward and pull the trigger, done and done.

Now in a zero-g environment, that might be tricky....

My MkII was an early 1970s bought at a bar by my Stepmom back in the 7os. It was loose and pitted to say the least. When I sold it I said to myself that one day I'd get a better example as I liked the design and all.
It's still on my list behind a couple of other things.

I love my MkII bull barrel. I got stainless, so I wouldn't have to worry about taking it apart to clean it as often. But the key is definitely to remember how to hold it for assembly. Once you have that its cake.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top