JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, I guess I get the first thread... funny.

So, I've got this 1960's Ishapore 2A1 7.62 NATO rifle. For those who don't know, it's essentially just an Indian-made Lee Enfield. Anyways, when I bough it, it had this nasty black paint (I think lead-based) that was flaking off of the metal all on the gun, including the bolt! This meant that there was surface rust developing underneath the paint, so I did what I had to in order to save the metal, I stripped all the paint off it so I could remove the rust and keep the metal well-oiled.

Now I've gotten tired of oiling it, and would like it to have its original look back. What thoughts might anyone have on cerakoting such a rifle? I'm guessing that might be the best route for preservation. I want it to look how it is supposed to (so that rules out bluing) but don't want the major rust hazard as before.

Thoughts or suggestions? Thanks everyone...

ishapore2a1.jpg

I've done over a few hundred items in Cerakote. The product when the item is prepped properly and applied properly will not let you down.
In the hands of a professional, who has a decent inventory of a number of colors, and knows how to use the catalysts to affect the level of sheen be it to the glossy side or more to a flat profile, one can match many original finishes.
Prep is incredibly important, but that said, a guy who can handle a small pray gun and understands a few things, and who has access to a curing oven, he can do it him/herself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads