JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have never owned a Sig before. The p220 Carry -.45acp - is my first ever. Got it from a fellow forum member last week. Thanks- you know who you are :)
Took it home with me and field stripped and cleaned it before going to the range with it today. Easy and straight forward process. That is always appreciated in a new hand gun. I did spend some time dry firing it with snap caps to get a feel for the DA/SA trigger. Really liked the trigger. The DA was not overly hard to press. The SA was really light to my feel. Very smooth release without excess take-up. The Sig grips are not as aggressive as the ones I have put on my 1911s. That being said it was no problem to hold firmly. Really felt good to hold. Reminds me of a gal I knew way back in High School - but I digress. This also is my first side arm that has a decocker. I really learned to appreciate that today. Always super careful lowering a hammer on a live round. Now,with the flick of a lever that is all taken care of. So, how did it shoot? I put 200 rounds through it today. TRUE! The very first shot using DA was in the center of the 10 ring at 7 yards! Everything I shot went where it was intended. That IMHO makes the Sig p220 a very accurate weapon. Chewed up several targets today. Even at 25 yards it was right on. I like it a lot. It will soon take its place in the carry rotation. This seems to be one, fine firearm. We will grow old together. Pops

The 220 is a great sidearm. Congratulations!

Just watch you don't get bit by the Sig bug. There doesn't seem to be any cure and the treatment regiment can be quite expensive.

Last Edited:

Sig p220.jpg
Here ya be :)

I have never owned a Sig before. The p220 Carry -.45acp - is my first ever. Got it from a fellow forum member last week. Thanks- you know who you are :)
Took it home with me and field stripped and cleaned it before going to the range with it today. Easy and straight forward process. That is always appreciated in a new hand gun. I did spend some time dry firing it with snap caps to get a feel for the DA/SA trigger. Really liked the trigger. The DA was not overly hard to press. The SA was really light to my feel. Very smooth release without excess take-up. The Sig grips are not as aggressive as the ones I have put on my 1911s. That being said it was no problem to hold firmly. Really felt good to hold. Reminds me of a gal I knew way back in High School - but I digress. This also is my first side arm that has a decocker. I really learned to appreciate that today. Always super careful lowering a hammer on a live round. Now,with the flick of a lever that is all taken care of. So, how did it shoot? I put 200 rounds through it today. TRUE! The very first shot using DA was in the center of the 10 ring at 7 yards! Everything I shot went where it was intended. That IMHO makes the Sig p220 a very accurate weapon. Chewed up several targets today. Even at 25 yards it was right on. I like it a lot. It will soon take its place in the carry rotation. This seems to be one, fine firearm. We will grow old together. Pops

Hogue makes the factory grip on the P220, which is one reason why it is so nice.

You can buy an alternative model from Hogue that is similar, but has 3 nice finger grooves in it:

1767407318.800x800.jpg

Or if you would like to get a nice wood stock, Hogue's Coco Bolo stock is great to hold, and looks like a million bucks too. It is pricey at $125, though, but man, it is gorgeous.

2059176716.800x800.jpg

I put one on my SIG P245 subcompact, and boy, did it ever make it look beautiful. Although it was already a real handsome two tone model to begin with.

245_new_onlineAA.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads