JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not saying you should wait longer, as the faster you buy, the faster you get it. However, I say wait, as Silencershop runs some pretty cool sales and promotions from time to time. Sometimes it's a free 22 can with purchase of a rifle can, or free tax stamp with purchase of this brand.

I ended up buying a 22 cal first. Which I still have yet to get.

Then I almost went with a 45 as I figured it would be somewhat universal, but I decided to just get a 9mm.

A few months later I figured I would break down and go for the 556 as well.

So ya, I definitely went the caliber specific route.

Reading the calibers you have listed, I would say definitely get the Hybrid. If you only want one. It will cover everything you have listed.

I'd still say wait though, as the Hybrid is very popular, and I've seen at least three or four specials on it through Silencershop. They will likely run a special on it in time.

Personally, I would highly recommend sticking with one of the major suppressor manufacturers, rather than going with a small boutique company.

Even though many companies offer a lifetime warranty, that only applies as long as the company is still around. Huntertown Arms is a good example of this.

Just something to consider.

This is another reason the liberty cosmic appeals to me more than some of the others, they've been around for a while.

I think I will watch for some sales over the next month or two for a cosmic, or maybe an octane.

And to clarify: I am looking for a .45 can primarily, it would be nice if it worked for 300 blk or even .308, but not if it compromises quietness or weight.

Titanium suppressors are where it's at unless you want something beltfed rated (rugged).

I have Rugged's first M240 adapted can.
It's only Okay. not great and definitely not for combat use. The M240/ FNMag they use in the video's I built for them.

I sure azz-hell would not call it belt fed rated by any stretch 300 rounds and you will pop it.

Sig's Titanium cans are where it's at.
My AI AWSM .338 Lapua is hearing safe 100% and it eats up the recoil to a 308 or less.....

I agree that titanium cans are great for general use, my favorite in fact. (wouldn't even think of using one on a belt fed machine gun though).

I have a rugged razor and certainly wouldn't put that on a saw either. I would however take them up on their unconditional lifetime warranty if I decided to do such a thing! (I'm also not afraid to run it on my 12.7" 308).

Congrats on your FIRST Silencer. There will be many more to come.

You dont ever need to clean a non rimfire silencer. People do it but there is no real need.

You want a 308 can to be sturdy. Ive got a few . Titanium helps but theyre still heavy.

Transfer times are usually 2-3 months between dealers but can be shorter or longer depending on ATF workload which seems to have dropped quite a bit lately.

FWIW my most versatile silencer is my AAC Tirant 45. Ive used it on everything from 300 BO to 45 Colt and have a half dozen pistons and 3 lug attachments . I am a silencerco fan at heart and have a few but I do like my SIG Titanium 308 can too ( quietest silencer I own by a wide margin ).

Last Edited:
Personally, I would highly recommend sticking with one of the major suppressor manufacturers, rather than going with a small boutique company.

Even though many companies offer a lifetime warranty, that only applies as long as the company is still around. Huntertown Arms is a good example of this.

Just something to consider.
Very true.
That said, Silencerco is one of the largest and may not end up sticking around.
I steer all of my customers toward Dead Air and Rugged first for general use.

Specialty uses like precision long range, CQB, 3-gun, etc, have varying bullet points of interest. (Pun intended)

I certainly hope silencerco sticks around. The Specwar K and ASR mount have served me VERY well for very little money.

The Maxim 9 has the potential to shift the whole course of future pistol design if we can get cans off the NFA. I'm not an early adopter so I've been waiting on further design improvements and size reduction ... might need to reconsider.

I certainly hope silencerco sticks around. The Specwar K and ASR mount have served me VERY well for very little money.

The Maxim 9 has the potential to shift the whole course of future pistol design if we can get cans off the NFA. I'm not an early adopter so I've been waiting on further design improvements and size reduction ... might need to reconsider.
Ya, I have a Maxim for myself, and a couple on the shelf to sell. I wont ever be without at least 1 in stock. I would be bummed if they went under and I didn't keep one.

Just my viewpoint:

They have made some pretty large cutbacks on staff etc (as I'm sure much of the manufacturing side has) as efforts to get cans off the NFA have stalled and sales have leveled or fallen slightly.

A dealer would probably have a better idea on this last point.

If you're in Vancouver, we stock the Dead Air, SilencerCo, Tactical Solutions, Rugged, Ruger, Sig, Daniel Defense, Yankee Hill and some others. Best way to make an educated decision, touch them ALL. We also shoot a wide variety of them, and personally love the Omega and Octane series from SCO, I run the hybrid for 45-70 but feel its too big for a pistol. We also do all of the paperwork in house and have free transfer for Oregon residents. Oh...those are all in stock, touch them today.

As for the SCO outlook, they made staffing corrections after a strong run pre-41P implementation, and we sold a metric ton of them. And still do. They're established enough that even if they decided to change their business model, they would be snapped up by a major manufacturer in mere moments. I know of 2 groups that made strong overtures to buy them over the past 2 years. Solid brand.

If you're in Vancouver, we stock the Dead Air, SilencerCo, Tactical Solutions, Rugged, Ruger, Sig, Daniel Defense, Yankee Hill and some others. Best way to make an educated decision, touch them ALL. We also shoot a wide variety of them, and personally love the Omega and Octane series from SCO, I run the hybrid for 45-70 but feel its too big for a pistol. We also do all of the paperwork in house and have free transfer for Oregon residents. Oh...those are all in stock, touch them today.

As for the SCO outlook, they made staffing corrections after a strong run pre-41P implementation, and we sold a metric ton of them. And still do. They're established enough that even if they decided to change their business model, they would be snapped up by a major manufacturer in mere moments. I know of 2 groups that made strong overtures to buy them over the past 2 years. Solid brand.

That is good to know, next time I am up that way I will make sure to stop by.

Combine the reduced staff with their recent promotion, and their customer service is practically non-existent at this point.

I hope they pull through, but it's questionable.

They've been spot on for us. They respond quickly and resolve the few issues weve had. Even if it's a customer cross threading a suppressor on an boring a new .308 hole ALMOST down the middle (no charge for shipping or repair).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top