JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
4. When you charge your cases, take the time with your flashlight or iPhone to look down EVERY neck EVERY time to be sure you have them all charged.

The problem was, that powder that missed the squib? went in another case that was already charged!

One of the reasons I don't charge cases in batches.

I put the primed cases in the block, neck down. Then charge one and immediately seat a bullet, and put it back in the block. No way to miss a charge and no way to double charge either. The only thing that is in the block is either empty cases or completed rounds. Of course if I am crimping, I save that for later.

Last Edited:
Glad it all worked out without injury. If the discharge doesn't sound right, it's because it isn't. My son and I were at the range last year when we experienced one shooting factory ammo. It went off with a characteristic PFFFFT and the sooty case stove-piped. I knew what had happened but my son didn't. He wracked the slide back and chambered another round at which point I was able to stop him and explain what had just gone down. Shook us both up for a bit but he learned a very valuable lesson.

I was doing some testing one day with uncharged rounds (primed case and seated bullet with no powder) and was amazed at how far the bullet traveled into the barrel propelled by just the gasses from the primer.

It's important we all remain vigilant and not get complacent with our hobby. Keep distractions to a minimum.

Maybe listen to some George Strait or Allan Jackson :cool:

I haven't had a squib, but I saw one happen last weekend. It was at the ARPC monthly full auto shoot. Fortunately it didn't have enough energy to cycle the bolt so the gun, a Sten I believe, stopped running.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top