JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

Has anyone ever gone to this or heard of it? I just heard a commercial for it on the radio and thought it might be a fun thing to do with my wife. She is slowly coming around to the thought of going target shooting. A controlled instructor led intro course might be the way to go.

There is a $20 deposit to attend the free event......but it is refunded in the form of a gift card towards the venue you attend. A $40 gift card would be just fine for me :)

That sounds nice. You might also watch for a womens only intro course. They're usually conducted by women and are less intimidating to women who have never shot. Hubby and I went with some friends that hadn't done much shooting. It worked out well because I took the time to explain things to the other gal while the boys moved further down the line and started shooting. We also brought a variety of handguns for them to try. That really helped her out since, being a woman with a smaller hand, I had handguns that she could actually hold and manage. If she seems to enjoy shooting, help her get a gun that fits her hand. It doesn't matter how great a gun is if it doesn't fit. If she's not comfortable with it, she won't shoot it.

Wow, sorry didn't mean to go on so.:rolleyes:

That sounds nice. You might also watch for a womens only intro course. They're usually conducted by women and are less intimidating to women who have never shot. Hubby and I went with some friends that hadn't done much shooting. It worked out well because I took the time to explain things to the other gal while the boys moved further down the line and started shooting. We also brought a variety of handguns for them to try. That really helped her out since, being a woman with a smaller hand, I had handguns that she could actually hold and manage. If she seems to enjoy shooting, help her get a gun that fits her hand. It doesn't matter how great a gun is if it doesn't fit. If she's not comfortable with it, she won't shoot it.

Wow, sorry didn't mean to go on so.:rolleyes:
I thought about looking at a women's course, or private lesson, but my wife usually doesn't get intimidated in coed environments. (I don't mean to say that other women do). She enjoys coed soccer, and we have played coed kickball in the past. We are also not small people, both over 6 foot, and her hands are bigger than mine...:(. She has held my p320c 9mm and seems to like it.
But, what did kind of turned me off about it was the fact that they provide the handguns and ammo. I'm afraid it's a, sit in class for 3 hours and then dump a mag type of thing.

But, my main intention with this post was to share the link for any new shooters. I have seen a lot of posts about potentially new shooters confronting members on here about getting a gun, or getting into shooting, and I thought this might be a great low obligation option for those people to try it out.

How do you like the P320? I've held it a couple times, but I much prefer my other Sigs. It just seems a bit top heavy to me. Maybe it's because of hiding the hammer since it's striker fire. I don't know, but I'm definitely a Sig gal. I think my next one will be a P226 Legion, if I can find one to buy at the base Exchange.

This is my first sig, and I like it quite a bit. Very accurate, and reliable up to this point. I have about 450 rounds through it. I carry it frequently without any issues. I was torn between the sig, and a Glock 19, glad I went with the sig.
It is also gaining quite a bit of aftermarket support as well. I believe that I heard Bruce Gray is producing a drop in trigger for the 320. (Don't quote me on that). But I hope that comes out soon.
I am not sure how the p320 compares to their other models though, striker fire polymer handguns are not What Sig's are known for.

Ever thought about a women's shooting group with a few other gals.

When I was at the local range here in Vancouver last year there was a group of women 5 of them. All taking turns, helping each other, come to find out they started this group to help educate and train women to protect themselves and for a social group.
I thought it was a great thing to see.

I asked about the Class at DRRC and was told it's a very good introduction to shooting for those with no experience.

There are a few Women's Only groups around: Check DRRC for several, as well as Threat Dynamics in Tualatin, Newberg Rifle and Pistol Club, and TriCounty.

How do you like the P320? I've held it a couple times, but I much prefer my other Sigs. It just seems a bit top heavy to me. Maybe it's because of hiding the hammer since it's striker fire. I don't know, but I'm definitely a Sig gal. I think my next one will be a P226 Legion, if I can find one to buy at the base Exchange.

Butting in here but after owning a P320, I ended up with a CZ P07. It's not a striker fire pistol like the P320 but for me it was easier to handle and shoots better. I am in the minority as most people love the 320.

Butting in here but after owning a P320, I ended up with a CZ P07. It's not a striker fire pistol like the P320 but for me it was easier to handle and shoots better. I am in the minority as most people love the 320.
:cool: One of carry pistols is a CZ clone. I have the IMI Jericho 941 FL. Pictured below :D image.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top