JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought my first shotgun yesterday. I've been in the market for a few weeks now and was just looking for the right deal.

I was on 217 in Tigard when I saw a gun shop and thought I would see what they had. Found a used Mossberg 590 for $299 and even though that wasn't at the top of my wish list (It was #3 actually) I thought it was just too good to pass up. (At the time I didn't realize there is a difference between 590 and 590a1).

Got home and discovered my error on the model and while I was cleaning the gun found it to be in rougher shape than it looked in the store but all in all I'm still happy with it. I got a fair deal instead of a great deal.

I was a little torqued that the Nova that was my #1 was at Bi Mart in the same parking lot for $349 brand new. 11 gun stores and couldn't find the Nova in the config that I wanted for less than $379 and wouldn't you know it was at the first store AFTER I settled on the Mossberg.

Can't wait to get over to the pit and try it out.

That's how it always is right? You get something, and right after you buy it, there's something better and cheaper. All the more reason to just buy more :)
Besides, the Mossberg is a quality piece and will treat you well, happy shooting!

The trick is to stop looking after you buy. I can never remember to do that though... :s0114:

I can never stop looking, instead I just change what I'm looking for. When I bought my 870, I started looking for my glock. When I bought my glock, I started building my AR. Now I'm looking for a small pocket pistol, possibly a revolver, then probably a nice hunting rifle, then maybe a FAL, it never ends.

Just stop looking for the same thing, distraction is the key here. We can never stop looking, just look for something else.

at the pit? It's been so long ago (over 20 years now I think) that I was there I can't remember. I've got several that I need to pattern.

According to The English Pit's web site they let you shoot shotgun at the 50yrd range. I'm hoping to get over there today or tomorrow.

It will actually be my first time shooting there. I ususally go to TPTS.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top