JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Instead of having a 1022 barrel chopped and threaded, why not buy a charger pistol with a threaded barrel and throw it in a chopped 1022 stock?

Because there is no price difference or advantage. I did not think the Charger came with a threaded barrel in the first place. On top of that not every one wants that long of a barrel.

Used (or new take off) rifle barrels can easily be had for $40. Dont know what finding a Charger barrel is or price but I am sure not that cheap.

Because there is no price difference or advantage. I did not think the Charger came with a threaded barrel in the first place. On top of that not every one wants that long of a barrel.

Used (or new take off) rifle barrels can easily be had for $40. Dont know what finding a Charger barrel is or price but I am sure not that cheap.

Well, you MIGHT be able to find a used Charger in the classifieds (hint, hint) with a threaded 5.5" barrel with trigger work and other extras for a decent price.

Although, I STILL say for an SBR the AR is the better way to go.

Went and bought an AR Lower, had it engraved, sent the paperwork off this morning. Now the wait begins...

I had it engraved to .006" depth, and the engraving is now the only shiny part on the lower. What can I do (other than having it re-anodized) to make the engraving more subdued and less noticeable?

Greg

Get them both. The 10/22 is lighter and handier than any AR-15. While you can buy any upper for the AR-15 from 17 to 50 cal (including the 22lr), the 10/22 is in a class by itself. The AR is much more flexible, but you pay for it.

Ranb

I really like the Spikes Tactical SBR upper (ST-22) w/ 7" barrel. It is a whopping $800 though.
Spikes hand guard like the one on the sbr upper $175
Cmmg stainless Bravo 22 kit $220 and you can get it with the collar instead of the chamber adapter if you ask when you order.
Charge handle $20
Upper receiver $70 to $140
Cmmg barrel and have it cut and threaded the exact length you like and threaded standard 1/2x28 or 1/2x28 oring engagement threads for a Spectre II or Sparrow, $100 for the barrel and $50 for cut and thread.
$650 to $700 and have a better 22 kit/bolt

Just depends on what you consider the advantages of an SBR to be. Really hard to build a 10/22 "pocket rifle" (something I really want) without SBR.

Here is an example;

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/62/s30000659im.jpg/

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
This is more fun
EBEAB2B3-22AB-4E62-B650-1594374ED611-2495-0000022132540477.jpg
49D2B1FB-3EE9-4EED-BFC0-503C308996F5-2495-000002212CE04E46.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class