JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Assuming climate change doesn't kill us all this week; we will be shooting our first Rimfire Challenge of the year March 9th. Dust off those .22's and come on out for a day of shootin' steel. Setup begins at 7:30, registration opens at 8. We start whistling Dixie at 9.

Rimfire flyer.jpg

I'm pretty excited to come out and try this! I've shot one speed steel match at ARPC so far this year, and had a great time. Do we need a gate code to get in, or anything like that?

If I was closer I'd totally come. I've been wanting to do more rimfire stuff and this looks like a lot of fun.

Thanks, Twodogs, I was getting a bit worried, as I don't actually own any rimfire rifles. Looking forward to shooting pistol in this, should be fun!

Thanks, Twodogs, I was getting a bit worried, as I don't actually own any rimfire rifles. Looking forward to shooting pistol in this, should be fun!
If you want to shoot rifle too, people are pretty good about loaning stuff :)
The only disadvantage to shooting only pistol is it knocks you out of competition for overall winner, but since Conner always wins anyway it doesn't really matter, lol.

Was excited until I read the rules and realized it's geared towards magazine fed rifles. Probably not a place for me to shoot my single shot .22's.

Was excited until I read the rules and realized it's geared towards magazine fed rifles. Probably not a place for me to shoot my single shot .22's.
Yes, it is geared to semi-auto but there's no rule that says you can't single load. As previously mentioned - loaner rifles are available.

For those of you that have shot this match and Speed Steel at TCGC/ARPC, which do you prefer? Pro's and con's?
They are all fun, so hard to choose. I'm not a rifle person, but it is fun to shoot one in the DRRC match. I do TCGC and DRRC steel matches both, and on occasion ARPC when I feel like making the drive. Can't go wrong with any of them.

For those of you that have shot this match and Speed Steel at TCGC/ARPC, which do you prefer? Pro's and con's?
The DRRC event and the TCGC events are quite different. Both extremely fun. Who doesn't like ringing steel in the morning? I wouldn't say there are pros/cons for each, but will point out some differences.

DRRC: very family friendly, .22 Rimfire only, option to compete with pistol or rifle or both (most do both), no "over the berm" rule (not that it's an issue), times recorded with stop watch and score sheet, participants help setup/breakdown the course of fire (not mandatory), lunch is included, awards/prizes given to Overall Champion, Top Pistol, Top Rifle, Top Lady and Top Youth (a person can only win one title), nice raffle after the awards ceremony.

Side notes: The Edman's put on a good event and Ben's smoked pork is awesome!

TCGC: a little more competitive overall, strings can be more challenging, multiple divisions, times recorded with blue box and Nook

You should come out...you'll have fun! Bring the daughter too, she'll have a pretty good shot at top lady.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads