JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm not sure where this belongs so I'll as the moderators to move it if it belongs elsewhere.

Someone pointed out that people who are against firearms ownership think in terms of passion and emotion rather than facts or logic. Going from that I've been toying with phrases to describe the effects of different laws in emotional terms that these bigots can understand and accept.

The first go around is prohibition of CHL or firearms possession on school grounds and other "gun free zone". One thing that we really need to get across is that victims of violence are the true first responders--anyone else is too late and relegated to the cleanup crew. With that in mind I am looking for a bumper sticker phrase that refers to these zones as areas where first responders (victims) are not permitted to be effective. Or given that victims are forbidden to use firearms for self protection the only option is to die, hence mandatory martyrdom laws.

Anyone good with zippy emotionally tagged lines?

The intent here is to open a letter to the congress critter with a screaming attention grabber that ties a negative connotation to the bill, one that matches the recipient's world view:

Mrs. Senator

Re: SBXXX, the Mandatory Martyrdom Bill...

The problem that I see with that is that they don't see the victims as "first responders." You will have to change their perception of them needing to be taken care of by the state, to them being self sufficient and protecting themselves. That is going to be a stretch to anyone that believes that guns are the problem.

You mean like:

Criminals prefer unarmed victims.

When seconds count cops are only minutes away.

911 is so they have an accurate recording of your death.

Gun free zones are a criminals best friend.

Gun free zones the criminals shooting gallery.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top