JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You're a pretty good shot.

25 yds with an 'carry/defensive' 3.5" barrelled pistol isn't really its intended purpose. While you can never have to much accuracy (as long as its 100% reliable), 3-5" is probably in the realistic range for fixed sights with a pistol like that, particularly in .40, which in my experience isn't the most accurate caliber.

Your XD seems to be a particularly accurate example where everything came together just right. Adding a reflex type sight like on your 19 changes the equation and it becomes an apples and oranges comparison.

I'd probably swap the slides back to original frames and see how the perform. And yeah, take care of yourself before the range (eat/hydrate)...I've cut out coffee anymore before I go.

Also, heads up--big Rally Olympia next weekend.

Washington - Rights Rally, 27 April 2019 (Saturday)

Boss

Last Edited:
Yeah but can you come out of concealment and have a decent first hit post haste? ......better to have a gun with lose grouping and be fast out of the holster than have a nice disciplined group at the range and suck at coming out of concealment and getting the drop.
Groups don't mean crap if you suck at fighting , no amount of safeties and features are going to get you there .
Personally I think you worry about grouping your fighting gun too much.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top