JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For SB 700, notice that the ammendment still requirers that a private seller retain the record for 5 years? There is still no exemption for a temporary transfer, i.e., your friend would like for you to take his rifle out to sight it in for him, or a friend loans you his rifle for deer or elk season. There are many examples of when this would apply including letting someone use your old competition gun while you're deciding what to buy. Also wonder about ranges that loan guns. Is this now illegal?

Of course, the gun registration objections are still there, i.e., specific information about the gun with the "shall retain" the information provision.

Going to be an interesting day at the capitol next Friday!

I don't think we need any of the bill that are up for hearing.....SB 347 SB 699 SB 700 SB 796

Most of you guy's are careful who you sell to,so don't see the need for a background check for private sales

[Sarcasm/on] wow. this is scheduled for the next day after the <broken link removed> gun-control rally on April 4th. What a coincidence! [sarcasm/off]

I planned on taking the 4th off in order to counter-protest on April 4th. Not sure I can make it on the 5th. If you are going on the 4th, Ceasefire (see the link, bottom page) makes it easy to schedule time! I guess this is their way of getting in more public debate time with the representatives.

So if gay marriage is constitutional... we can marry each other( via online ordained minister) to go about or FTF purchases. Fees to be paid by the groom. Divorce paperwork to be paid by the other groom. Problem solved.:confused:

[Sarcasm/on] wow. this is scheduled for the next day after the <broken link removed> gun-control rally on April 4th. What a coincidence! [sarcasm/off]

I planned on taking the 4th off in order to counter-protest on April 4th. Not sure I can make it on the 5th. If you are going on the 4th, Ceasefire (see the link, bottom page) makes it easy to schedule time! I guess this is their way of getting in more public debate time with the representatives.

My opinion, is that it's more important to speak to the committee, on the record, than it is to talk to the gun control advocates. The advocates are the ones who asked for the bills to be introduced so talking to them is a waste of time.

My opinion, is that it's more important to speak to the committee, on the record, than it is to talk to the gun control advocates. The advocates are the ones who asked for the bills to be introduced so talking to them is a waste of time.

The committee also is responsible for blocking or advancing the bill.

I'm sure Prozanski and Dingfelder will vote to advance them which would mean Close, Kruse, and Roblan would have to vote against them.

The committee also is responsible for blocking or advancing the bill.

I'm sure Prozanski and Dingfelder will vote to advance them which would mean Close, Kruse, and Roblan would have to vote against them.

Close and Kruse will vote against them. Roblan is a swing vote; he has a reputation for supporting 2A issues. He's the one we have to convince.

Close and Kruse will vote against them. Roblan is a swing vote; he has a reputation for supporting 2A issues. He's the one we have to convince.
I agree. I also think that 699, with the concealed ammendment, will probably move forward. Not sure about 796. That's one of the Ceasefire bills sponsored by Prozanski. I can't imagine it being part of the path to reciprocity with other states so is essentially worthless. Kevin Sterett brings up a good point that the live fire test is arbitrary (but based on the Texas model) and there is no test for open carry.

Please call AND e-mail members of the Senate Judiciary Committee and respectfully urge them to OPPOSE these bills.

Senate Judiciary Committee:
Senator Floyd Prozanski (D-4), Chairman
503-986-1704
[email protected]

Senator Betsy Close (R-8), Vice-Chairman
503-986-1708
[email protected]

Senator Jeff Kruse (R-1)
503-986-1701
[email protected]

Senator Arnie Roblan (D-5)
503-986-1705
[email protected]

Senator Jackie Dingfelder (D-23)
503-986-1723
[email protected]

You don't have to be present to submit testimony. Break out the computer, type up your objections to the bills, convert it to PDF format, attach it to an email and email it to the Senate Judiciary Committee. Needs to get to them 24 hours in advance, so Thurs morning at the latest. Email to:

Senator Floyd Prozanski (D-4), Chairman
503-986-1704
[email protected]

Prozanski just asssigned the four bills to work groups. Wonder who is going to represent us on these groups? Work groups are assigned to start next Wednesday, April 10th.

If you care at all about these proposals, please write and email the committee members. It's critical that they hear from you in order for us to have a voice.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top