1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

First OFA Class: DH1

Discussion in 'Archived - Oregon Firearms Academy' started by etrain16, May 4, 2014.

1. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I just took my first OFA class yesterday - Defensive Handgun 1. I honestly wasn't too sure what to expect and I was a little nervous since I didn't know how my skills might measure up to the other students. Thankfully the staff at OFA go out of their way not only to be very safe, but also to put at ease any concerns you have about your skills or abilities going into training.

We spent most of our time on the range doing a variety of different drills. I found myself doing some very different types of shooting than what I would be doing at my local range. Learning to shoot from behind cover, switching to your support hand to shoot, clearing a variety of malfunctions, all very good and useful stuff. I learned to improve my accuracy via trigger control - by the end of the day, I could see a marked improvement in my results. I even had a bad grip habit corrected - very nicely by my instructor, Mike. When they tell you to do something or change something, they take the time to explain why.

The whole class was in a good mood - I think they all enjoyed it as much as I did. It was not only very informative, but it was fun. I don't know when I'll get back for DH2, but it's definitely going on my to do list. Thanks guys for a great training day.

I definitely recommend anyone who owns a gun for self defense take this course.

Erik ~ etrain16
    Cogs likes this.
  2. Zippo Joe

Zippo Joe Oregon New Member

You are very welcome!

It certainly was a good day of training yesterday, even though it was very hot on the range. Every single student did a great job! Glad to have met and worked with you! Hope to see you again sometime soon!!