JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It turns out that the first shooter identified as gunning down 14 people inside a Quebec Mosque tonight is himself a Muslim university student from Morocco, attending Laval University in Quebec.

Mainstream press has not yet reported this. I got this from a Radio Canada news report written in French, which is the primary language in Quebec:

Attentat dans une mosquée : les deux suspects étudieraient à l'Université Laval

I wonder if the 2nd shooter is also a foreigner from another Muslim country??

Witnesses described the shooters as screaming "Allahu Akbar" as they shot those participating in the religious services. Is that the sort of thing that native Canadians or Americans would say?

Yet, on CNN tonight, I have seen person after person place blame for the terror attack on this Mosque on Donald Trump.

Last Edited:
I hate to read of shootings.
I also dislike the talking heads spewing forth their ideas and theories on why the shooting happened.
Just give me the facts .... I wish Joe Friday was a news reporter :D

Lance why would you ask if "Allahu Akbar" is something a native Canadian or American would say?
Anyone can say those words...
( maybe I missed something in your post? )

Thoughts and prayers sent to the victims and their families.
Andy

I also dislike the talking heads spewing forth their ideas and theories on why the shooting happened.

Lance why would you ask if "Allahu Akbar" is something a native Canadian or American would say?

Andy

Does anyone else sometimes pine for the days of "Slow News," when we'd get our properly vetted info in the morning paper?
I can't keep up with all the Internet Insta-Rumors.

Andy

Andy:

And just how many such cases of non-Muslims committing mass murder in the US and Canada while screaming "Allahu Akbar" have happened in the past, Andy?

Answer: ZERO

I guess what you missed in my post is that TV news people tonight were all claiming that this shooting was fallout from Trump's executive order from Friday. At the time that I posted this, I could not even find this info about this shooter being a university student from Morocco in Canada on a student VISA on any English language web page. Apparently the 2nd shooter is also a student at the same university, but there is no word yet regarding who he is.

Tell me, do you believe that Trump's executive order influenced in any way this Moroccan to kill fellow Muslims inside this Mosque??

Back off bit Lance... and hand me my head back!
I wasn't criticizing you or President Trump.
Just asking why you asked about that phrase "Allahu Akbar" ...

The shooters shot up a mosque because of their own twisted reasons.
No ones fault but their own.

Take a chill pill man.
Andy

Does anyone else sometimes pine for the days of "Slow News," when we'd get our properly vetted info in the morning paper?
I can't keep up with all the Internet Insta-Rumors.

It is no rumour. The fact that one of the shooters is from Morocco, studying at a local university, is now being widely reported on numerous news websites around the world.

And that fact that the shooters shouted "Allahu Akbar" is being reported in all of the foreign news agency accounts. A number of US news sources, though, have conveniently left that fact out in their reporting.

Back off bit Lance... and hand me my head back!
I wasn't criticizing you or President Trump.
Just asking why you asked about that phrase "Allahu Akbar" ...

The shooters shot up a mosque because of their own twisted reasons.
No ones fault but their own.

Take a chill pill man.
Andy

Andy: My only point here is that no reasonable person would expect a non-Muslim to shout those words while slaughtering people. Your question is thus quite unreasonable.

No such cases have ever happened. So why on earth would you so blatantly imply that they could?

You asked in your first post:
"Is this the sort of thing native a Canadian or American would say?"
I answered with anyone can say those words.
Which meant just that.
Anyone can say anything ... It doesn't mean anything except that they said something.
Do not read into my answer!

I was not casting doubt about who did what to whom.
Nor saying it was anyones fault but the shooters.
Andy

Last Edited:
That's the problem with those who would be counted among "the elite" of any organization, sub-culture, or nation. After a while the air gets so rarified that in order to be "elite" among "elites" you have to instill your own twist/take on what you perceive as "elite".

There's two major sects of Islam; Sunni (soonie) and Sheite that are anathema to each other. Much like what the political left is going through, "classic liberal" vs progressive... they become canibalistic and turn on each other, and everyone else around them that's just trying to get along and live heir lives has to put up with their BS... until they don't.

Last Edited:
The left accuses extremist Christians emboldened by Trump. The Right blames Radical Islamic Terrorists.

Right now it seems to be one Moslem one Quebecois. Till we really know something maybe we just peruse other news stories and not make judgements other than the judgement that the ends of the spectrum will always blame the other.

I won't be particularly surprised if this turns out to be Muslims killing Muslims - that's primarily what's happening in the Middle East already. Similar to Chicago, blacks are killing blacks in huge numbers, in fact, the majority of shootings in Chicago come down to this.

I know the Dems are going to try and push this on Trump, but I have a sneaking suspicion it will backfire and show it had nothing to do with him or his order. If that's the case, watch this story instantly disappear from all the MSM outlets.

About a year ago I had a lady from Alberta blue in the face swearing up and down that they don't have shootings across the border and that we shouldn't have semi auto weapons here... Well sorry ma'am but there's some stiff evidence that says otherwise. May those involved find peace and those responsible be punished.

When I was in high school in the early 80s there were two sets of brothers. One set from Iraq & one from Iran. It was during their wars. At first of course they hated each other but then in quick fashion they had to band together because too many people hated both of them.

As far as the shooting I have seen many cases of one group hurting or killing people from their own group then blaming the other side. It's usually done by an idiot in the first group trying to move up in the ranks yelling, follow me. It never works. They just split into a third group.

In the end I am positive the 'bad guys' were on a watch list or were contacted and let go. Between this and the growing issues in France and Europe, Trump actually starts to win.

image.jpeg

Well, it turns out that all of the assumptions that I made about this case, based on the early press reports I found, have been proven to be totally incorrect and wrong. Everything that I claimed earlier, has now been proven to be bogus.

The early widespread reports in the media that there were two shooters has been proven to false and not accurate. It turns out that there was really only one single shooter.

Likewise, the early report that one of these suspects was a university student from Morocco, was equally invalid. It turns out that this young man that was taken into custody, who has since been identified as being Mohamed el Kadir, has been cleared by Canadian authorities of any wrong doing.

Police say that the sole person responsible for the massacre is a 27 yr old Quebec native by the name of Alexandre Bissonnette. He apparently wore a black mask and shouted "Allahu Akbar" in order to throw off the police, and trick them into thinking that a Muslim had committed the crime.

Here is what Bissonnette looks like:

alexandre-bissonnette-1.jpg

So to summarize: I jumped to totally invalid conclusions, based on early press reports that have since been proven to be false or inaccurate.

I now find myself to be in a most compromised position:

dumbassicon_400x400.jpg

Well, it turns out that all of the assumptions that I made about this case, based on the early press reports I found, have been proven to be totally incorrect and wrong.

Lance, this is a common problem when there is a mass shooting. The instant news reports all the rumors and assumptions when they have no idea what the FACTs are! Some of this is even coming from law enforcement or other officials that are early on the scene. IMO the best thing to do is just wait, sometimes even a day or so, until there is confirmation.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top