JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Unbelievably excited! Lady friend and I are driving up from Portland on Sunday morning for our first NFL game, then spending our first night in Seattle. I'm at a complete loss as to where to stay. We'll be cabbing it to and from CenturyLink, then hopefully staying in an area with some decent bars, happy hour, etc.

I'm not opposed to spending more than I should on a room, since my first NFL game is what I'd call a special occasion. Thing is, if I do I want it to be unique, maybe a nice boutique hotel, rather than the cheapest room at a really nice hotel. Does Seattle have anything similar to Portland's Pearl District?

Obviously I need to make time to visit our Northern brothers more often :s0155:

Unbelievably excited! Lady friend and I are driving up from Portland on Sunday morning for our first NFL game, then spending our first night in Seattle. I'm at a complete loss as to where to stay. We'll be cabbing it to and from CenturyLink, then hopefully staying in an area with some decent bars, happy hour, etc.

I'm not opposed to spending more than I should on a room, since my first NFL game is what I'd call a special occasion. Thing is, if I do I want it to be unique, maybe a nice boutique hotel, rather than the cheapest room at a really nice hotel. Does Seattle have anything similar to Portland's Pearl District?

Obviously I need to make time to visit our Northern brothers more often :s0155:

Hi Joe,
Lived and grew up in Seattle...
Seattle doesn't have district like the Pearl per se. More like neighborhoods and regions that are based more North to South, with CenturyLink Field being in SoDo or South Downtown District, pretty much end of the line as it turns into the Industrial Area and Boeing Field after that.
Anyway some cool hotels you might want to check out online are -
Hotel 1000, Alexis, Hotel Monaco, Hotel Andra, Hotel Vintage...those are all upscale boutique hotels and some have sister properties in the Pearl. All are very nice and easily within cab distance of the field. A little farther away and you have the "big box" hotels like the Hyatt, Pan Pacific and the Fairmont Olympic...really nice places but they lack the "chic" modern, intimate feel of a smaller hotel. If you decide to stay at one of the bigger hotels, check out the Metropolitan Grill nearby, its an awesome ( though pricey ) steakhouse that is very elegant. If you're going to stay at one of the smaller boutique hotels, make some time for Pikes Place Market. If you go there, make sure to hit Pikes Place Chowder for lunch. If you need any more info, shoot me a PM and we'll chat.

Hi Joe,
Lived and grew up in Seattle...
Seattle doesn't have district like the Pearl per se. More like neighborhoods and regions that are based more North to South, with CenturyLink Field being in SoDo or South Downtown District, pretty much end of the line as it turns into the Industrial Area and Boeing Field after that.
Anyway some cool hotels you might want to check out online are -
Hotel 1000, Alexis, Hotel Monaco, Hotel Andra, Hotel Vintage...those are all upscale boutique hotels and some have sister properties in the Pearl. All are very nice and easily within cab distance of the field. A little farther away and you have the "big box" hotels like the Hyatt, Pan Pacific and the Fairmont Olympic...really nice places but they lack the "chic" modern, intimate feel of a smaller hotel. If you decide to stay at one of the bigger hotels, check out the Metropolitan Grill nearby, its an awesome ( though pricey ) steakhouse that is very elegant. If you're going to stay at one of the smaller boutique hotels, make some time for Pikes Place Market. If you go there, make sure to hit Pikes Place Chowder for lunch. If you need any more info, shoot me a PM and we'll chat.

Thanks Simon, I appreciate the information. I'm thinking we'll probably stay somewhere near in the district you mentioned, South Downtown. I'll be sure to check out those hotels you mentioned.

The hotel recommendations are fine. Just be aware when wandering and after you've had a few...

There was a recent situation here where a couple was stabbed after a Sounders (soccer) game and the male of the couple died. The perp apparently has mental-health issues.

Peter

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top