JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
And I am not quite sure what I am missing. I have 2 fingerprint cards and the passport photos and I am not sure what goes where. Would one of you guys who has done this several times help me out. It is confusing and I don't want to screw it up.

Instructions (in this case on the Form 1):

Photograph and Fingerprints. An individual maker (including any Federally licensed collector who is an individual but not any other type of Federal firearms licensee) must (1) attach to each copy in item 12 of the ATF Form 1, a 2 inch x 2 inch photograph of his/her frontal view taken within one year prior to the date of the application and (2) submit two properly completed FBI Forms FD-258 (Fingerprint Card with blue lines) with application. The fingerprints must be clear for accurate classification and taken by someone properly equipped to take them.

The photo is affixed (iirc, I've just used a glue stick, though I know others have used tape, staples, etc.) on the in the block so marked:
zB4zRHw.jpg

The cards are are just included with everything else. Personally, I've used an binder clip to put everything together (Form copies, payment, etc.), then into a priority mail mailer, off it went, and have had no issues.

Hope that helps.

Last Edited:
Several Youtube vids on the process:

Do the full homework! Like, to several decimal places.

Very few things are more frustrating and de-motivating than having NFA branch bounce your form back to you for a minor flub (ask me how I know). Especially with the wait times so long these days.

Take heart! NFA F1, F4, et all only need to be done once, but must be done exactly right. Your next NFA forms (and statistics say you will do more, once you know the way :) ) will be a lot easier.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top