JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
ELK.JPG Great fun

It's a lot of fun if you can draw a tag, but frustrating when you see a animal that would be an easy kill with a center fire rifle and out of range with the ML.

Lots of guns out there from flintlock up. I shoot a Remington 700 and it is danged accurate. Be real anal about cleaning, and practice a lot. These rifles can be found for $350 or less and a lot less if you get lucky. Pull the breech plug and check the bore. If there is any pitting don't buy it.

Not sure if that's legal in Washington. Somebody smarter than me should chime in.
From the regs:
Muzzleloading firearms must be wheel lock, matchlock, flintlock, or percussion lock.

A percussion lock firearm must use original-style percussion caps that fit on the nipple and are exposed to the weather. "Exposed to the weather" means the percussion cap or the frizzen must be visible and cannot be covered or enclosed by an integral part of the weapon proper.

Funny, when hunting this year I say moccasin tracks. I thought it was probably a injun's. No serirously, but maybe it was you!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top