JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
… and this included the entry and registration of the permit holder's personal information (residence, # of firearms, what firearms, phone numbers, etc?) Into a public database that can be searched by anyone who wants that info.
I don't see in measure 114 where it says firearm purchase records and the database is automatically publicly accessible. OSP already keeps some information from firearm purchases and your local sheriff already keeps CHL holder information. From what I read in 114 the record and database is who has permits. Databases like that are not accessible to the public.

I am not arguing for 114. I am pointing out there is some misinformation getting passed around that distorts the fight against this measure. We should be focusing the fight against needing permission to purchase a firearm and not being allowed to purchase and use standard capacity magazines found in commonly used firearms.

If one of my arguments to a judge against the measure was the data base contains records of what firearms permit holders have and is publicly searchable, I don't think a judge would see that in the measure. The misleading argument would discredit other valid arguments I did have.

I don't see in measure 114 where it says firearm purchase records and the database is automatically publicly accessible. OSP already keeps some information from firearm purchases and your local sheriff already keeps CHL holder information. From what I read in 114 the record and database is who has permits. Databases like that are not accessible to the public.
I think where this is coming from is the "leak" of California's DOJ database of CHL holders back in June of this year. That fiasco is being held up as an example of the state(s) being unable (unwilling?) to keep such otherwise-confidential information secure. You are correct in that nothing in 114 requires the records and database to be publicly accessible; folks are assuming, with CA's recent example, that the state either won't be able to keep it secure, or someone within the state government will leak it, intentionally or otherwise.

So there is a reason people believe there will be a public searchable database of gun purchasers. Whether there will be depends on the final law. The life every voice group which authored the bill states no but they really cannot be trusted at all. They contradict themselves all the time.

I am not arguing for 114. I am pointing out there is some misinformation getting passed around that distorts the fight against this measure. We should be focusing the fight against needing permission to purchase a firearm and not being allowed to purchase and use standard capacity magazines found in commonly used firearms.

If one of my arguments to a judge against the measure was the data base contains records of what firearms permit holders have and is publicly searchable, I don't think a judge would see that in the measure. The misleading argument would discredit other valid arguments I did have.
OSP only keeps that you did a background check and the findings of it on record for 5 years. So yes your BGC is on record not your firearm.
Which begs the question why turn over isn't faster since they already keep our BGC on file with notes.

There is so much stuff going around about this new POS Unconstitutional law that I am finding it hard to keep up with which group is doing what when. I do know that nothing can be filed until if actually INFRINGES on your right, this from a 2A Lawyer.

If you want to actually physically act and do something that will draw attention show up at local sheriffs office and demand the permit to purchase a firearm. That being said this may have already been brought up and discussed, if so I am sorry for repeating it.

I along with several other people plan on doing this and other "Legal" actions to make it an issue.

I realize that there are several Sheriffs that won't support 114 and I commend them for standing up for the Constitution and their constituents against it but exactly what are they going to do, write a handwritten note saying this person can buy a gun.

If we as owners and law abiding citizens don't physically show are support by going to the offices and demanding a permit over and over and over I am afraid they are going to take the tacked that "Well no one is showing up so it must not be that big a deal."

If this is something that has already been talked about I am sorry for wasting your time on my rant but I plan on continuing to take action against this unConstitutional law ANY AND EVERY WAY possible.

Please donate what You can to help fight this……

There is so much stuff going around about this new POS Unconstitutional law that I am finding it hard to keep up with which group is doing what when. I do know that nothing can be filed until if actually INFRINGES on your right, this from a 2A Lawyer.

If you want to actually physically act and do something that will draw attention show up at local sheriffs office and demand the permit to purchase a firearm. That being said this may have already been brought up and discussed, if so I am sorry for repeating it.

I along with several other people plan on doing this and other "Legal" actions to make it an issue.

I realize that there are several Sheriffs that won't support 114 and I commend them for standing up for the Constitution and their constituents against it but exactly what are they going to do, write a handwritten note saying this person can buy a gun.

If we as owners and law abiding citizens don't physically show are support by going to the offices and demanding a permit over and over and over I am afraid they are going to take the tacked that "Well no one is showing up so it must not be that big a deal."

If this is something that has already been talked about I am sorry for wasting your time on my rant but I plan on continuing to take action against this unConstitutional law ANY AND EVERY WAY possible.

Please donate what You can to help fight this……
Am actively supporting the cause with donations for legal defense.

I believe several Sheriff Departments have officially stated they won't be enforcing mag bans; likely advised to wait until Bonta case is resolved for the 9th District in the light of Bruen decision.

It however is the permit thing that should be acted upon, an injunction to issue a temporary stay on it until Legislative session solves the issue or the system is in place, or removed; as the SoS and OSP seem to say it goes in effect on Dec 8th but Oregon Legislature won't convene until February of 2023, and the systems won't likely be in place until 2024 at the earliest depending on how we are paying for it :rolleyes:

I believe several Sheriff Departments have officially stated they won't be enforcing mag bans; likely advised to wait until Bonta case is resolved for the 9th District in the light of Bruen decision.

It however is the permit thing that should be acted upon, an injunction to issue a temporary stay on it until Legislative session solves the issue or the system is in place, or removed; as the SoS and OSP seem to say it goes in effect on Dec 8th but Oregon Legislature won't convene until February of 2023, and the systems won't likely be in place until 2024 at the earliest depending on how we are paying for it :rolleyes:
This story is getting more and more stupid as time goes on; a symptom of the minds that created this mess as well as those voters that supported the measure showing they can not think nor think straight.

This story is getting more and more stupid as time goes on; a symptom of the minds that created this mess as well as those voters that supported the measure showing they can not think nor think straight.
When have they ever thought "straight"!? :s0064: :s0140:

But yes indeed
A new suit should specifically target the unfunded, utter lack of permit system&training stuff from OSP and the fact that it is impossible to get such a system, database, and training course set up between December 8th and February 2023... and thus, effectively ending all legal gun transfers and purchases for the time being until such a system and protocols are developed... and so.. it should be stayed/restrained/prevented from being in effect due to the obvious irreparable harm this would bring to FFLs in State as well as all the venues that have gun shows, and the promoters of such shows, and so forth.

When have they ever thought "straight"!? :s0064: :s0140:

But yes indeed
A new suit should specifically target the unfunded, utter lack of permit system&training stuff from OSP and the fact that it is impossible to get such a system, database, and training course set up between December 8th and February 2023... and thus, effectively ending all legal gun transfers and purchases for the time being until such a system and protocols are developed... and so.. it should be stayed/restrained/prevented from being in effect due to the obvious irreparable harm this would bring to FFLs in State as well as all the venues that have gun shows, and the promoters of such shows, and so forth.
114 is a symptom of deranged minds of voters and politicians that have created great social and economic problems in this state.

114 is a symptom of deranged minds of voters and politicians that have created great social and economic problems in this state.
It's not just this state. Over 90% of the funding for 114 came from out of state. Remember that the House passed the AWB before the election. It was symbolic since the session is over but a huge statement on a national front.

The DOJ, who is supposedly responsible for enforcing SCOTUS rulings... is run by one Merrick Garland, AG... who.. guess what
.. is a strident Anti2A guy.. and whose DOJ has been going after certain people not under effect off SCOTUS :rolleyes:
Not a fan of Mitch McConnell, but he was right in denying Garland a shot at a SCOTUS seat. So happy that went our way.

-E-

The unobtainable permit to buy a gun should be tossed asap. "The 2nd Amendment is not a 2nd class right"!

Imagine going to church and being stopped from entering by a uniformed cop. The cop informs you that you cannot enter the church until you get a permit from the local law. And you also must pass a religious training course that is not being offered.
Obviously unconstitutional.
Once you get your church permit flash your holy ID and you are in !
1669917774300.png

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top