JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Oregon's first anti-gun ballot measure has been filed.

This bizarre measure called the "Oregon State Integrated Concealed Handgun Carry Act" has been filed by "Ifeanyichukwu Diru" who you may (or may not) recall, actually ran for Governor.

The measure calls for handgun licenses to be limited to one year and all applicants must "submit a mental health report from their physicians as part of conditions to qualify to hold a concealed handgun permit" (sic)

Of course, there is more.

We fully expected the lunatic anti-gun fringe to pull out all the stops thanks to their gains in the legislature and the reelection of Kitzhaber, so this ballot measure should not be a surprise, but it is just a down payment on what's coming down the road.

Remember, no matter what the freedom haters in the population centers dream up, most counties in Oregon are pro-gun. If their sheriffs and county commissioners refuse to support this kind of lunacy, it's going to be up to a tiny number of State Police to try to enforce this kind of nonsense. Where do your sheriffs and commissioners stand?

Ifeanyichukwu is the guy that owns this company? <broken link removed>

So he is specifically targeting CMP holders because he is either an idiot who does not know that this group has an extremely low crime rate or is targeting them for some other nefarious reason. I'm thinking he is an idiot.

He needs a mental evaluation. If your insane and hearing voices etc., are you going to wait and wait and get a concealed permit just to shoot random people?

:s0087:Go steal your uncles gun, sneak it in somewhere with a lot of people and shoot them, do it now!!!

:s0099:O.K. but there is a law that says I can't hide the gun in my jacket unless I get a concealed carry permit. I can't get one of those unless I take a mental fitness test........You don't want me to break the law do you??

:s0087:O.K. dammit!, take the test, then take a class, then fill out the paperwork, then wait for the permit and then go shoot people. Maybe a School, those places are easy targets!

:s0099:I'm Bipolar, been on meds since kindergarten. Teachers saw me making a gun shape out of my pop-tart and they took me to a Psychiatrist and well...... I won't pass the mental test, I'm not even permitted to have a gun Mr. Satan.

:s0087: Crap, stupid laws messing with my evil plans! O.K. new plan, get your uncles S.U.V. and go to...................

Last Edited:
Can any Bozo get a Ballot measure Started? Very few anti-gun measures seem to be based on any logic and none I agree with but this?? I would like to hear "Ifeanyichukwu Diru" connect the dots on this one.

Mental test for CC=Less murder by gun?? Isn't he putting the cart before the horse?

PERHAPS a test before a gun purchases would prevent one or two shootings every few years. I suppose it's possible a lazy psychotic might give up if turned down at a gun store. I doubt it though.

I would NEVER vote yes for mandatory mental evaluation for firearms purchases even if it would stop an odd shooting or two. Who knows what their definition of unfit to have a firearm is or will be?

Man made global warming doubter?
Don't trust LE or the Govt.
A little worried about the Border?
Have you been known to listen to......TALK RADIO:eek: You just may not pass the test.

The ONLY mental health vs gun law I would be comfortable with is;

Go crazy enough to get diagnosed with a "problem" that you are in danger of hurting yourself or others or have hurt yourself or others, then you are red flagged on the BG check system until you can prove you are fit. The devil is in the details of a law like that when it comes to proving you are fit though.

Im going to say he isnt that smart. His email is on his company's website, we could ask him (unless that's against the rules to post personal info here).

Here send him the latest OFF alert.
[email protected]

The Numbers Are In. Another Embarrassment.

We now have the Oregon State Police numbers for firearms purchase denials for Oct. 2014. Once again, they demonstrate what a colossal sham the entire process is.

While these numbers are repeatedly used by politicians and anti-gun groups to "prove" that background checks work, they prove exactly the opposite.

Of the 19,901 background checks run by the Oregon State Police in October, 196 sales were "denied." Wow, that's 196 bad guys off the street. Maybe not.

Of the 196 desperadoes denied, a grand total of 5 were "arrested" or "taken into custody." Not a single one of the people who were denied because they were identified as felons or "otherwise prohibited" was arrested. Of those arrested we have no idea how many were actually charged with a crime.

8 people were denied for reasons of "mental health" but, as we have seen in the past, sometimes the police have no idea why these people have mental health holds.
Of those 8 the number taken into custody was...none.

Now keep in mind, the entire reason Kitzhaber/Bloomberg is trying to force background checks on private transfers is to "keep guns out of the hands of criminal and the mentally ill."

36 of the denials resulted in "Investigation Complete, No Action." So almost 20% of the denials were clearly against people who should not have been denied at all.

The State police claim that 13% of the denials were for people who were "wanted." So 26 people were "denied" a firearms transfer at that specific place and time. Of those a total of 4 were held by the cops. We don't know for how long.

10% of the denials were because the police said the gun they were trying to buy was stolen. In over 68% of those denials, no action was taken. Only one person was taken into custody as a result of a "stolen" gun. Again, we have no way of knowing if the person was ever charged with anything. So once again, we have less than 3% of all denials taking anyone off the street even if only briefly.

This is the system Kitzhaber/Bloomberg is determined to extend to every firearm you want to lend or give to a friend or family member.

The system is stacked to deny firearms to people who are law-abiding while doing virtually nothing to criminals and the mentally ill.

Look for the universal gun registration push to be used as a way to "stop" domestic abusers. This too is a shameful scam. Prohibitions on "domestic abusers" are routinely used to harass people who have received no due process while doing nothing to protect the abused.

Of all the background checks we paid the state to run, less than 1% resulted in denials. Of those denials less than 3% resulted in any kind of arrest. That's 0.025% And remember that means that more than 6 times every day one or more State Troopers were taken off the road, taken away from traffic accidents and crime fighting to waste their time investigating denials that served no purpose in almost every case.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top