JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey folks! I shot in my first Speed Steel match at TCGC today. I had good fun and met some great people in my group!

Overall, I had a generally positive experience. There were only a couple negatives I observed: 1) There are always going to be some "Billy Badass" guys walking around. 2) The event coordinator- I think his name was Alex. I'm unwilling to divulge too much for fear of never being invited back, but suffice to say, I found this person's attitude and personality to be......off-putting. I am not alone in this sentiment. It was echoed by several people I spoke with today. While I DO sincerely appreciate all the work he puts in to running the matches, I could tell right off that this person and I would probably not be friends.

In spite of this, I do look forward to participating again next month!

I am more than surprised. I have never heard anything but high praise of Alex. In my personal experience (even from my earliest matches) I find him friendly, engaging and immensely helpful. Even with him working the whole match to crunch score numbers and such.
I haven't, but absolutely wouldn't hesitate to have a beer or burger with the guy. I would urge you to chalk first impressions up to chance and be open to a better second meeting. I'm sure it will be a more positive event.

Ironbar, I'm glad overall that you enjoyed the match! It is a lot of fun, and the weather even was kind (compared to how bad it could
have been!) to us. My gun however was not....five or six malfunctions which is unheard of for it. It's usually very reliable. Maybe an
excuse to go buy a new gun!

In spite of this, I do look forward to participating again next month!

(disclaimer: I do not know any of these people)
My own efforts in Speed Steel are inevitably met with issues of weather/ammo malfunctions/targets acting as if they weren't hit dead center/timer mysteriously at least doubling the time it REALLY took me to clear the stage/someone with a meat hook personality refusing to appreciate my thoughtful contributions & nimble bravery in HAVING FUN in spite of the obstacles. Good luck in your next match.

Ironbar, I'm glad overall that you enjoyed the match! It is a lot of fun, and the weather even was kind (compared to how bad it could
have been!) to us. My gun however was not....five or six malfunctions which is unheard of for it. It's usually very reliable. Maybe an
Hmmm. Time to look at SIG?

;-p

Without Alex behind the scenes, there would not be a smooth running event that we can all partake in! Hats off Alex!
If some of us could assist more, he might be able to play the game more, just sayin':)
I'm not a member there, just an often player. Let me know if I can assist some!

Without Alex behind the scenes, there would not be a smooth running event that we can all partake in! Hats off Alex!
If some of us could assist more, he might be able to play the game more, just sayin':)
I'm not a member there, just an often player. Let me know if I can assist some!
There's more than one match director so he can play if he so chooses, and no one that I know doesn't dispute the fact that Alex does a good job he just gets left holding down the fort 90% of the time.

Time for a made in the USA M&P??:rolleyes: The 2.0s are pretty sweet.:):p:D
Have to change your name? NWM&Pgal?:confused:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads