JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
.45LC is mild in it (Federal American Eagle Ammo 45 Colt (Long Colt) 225 Grain Jacketed (https://www.midwayusa.com/product/144977/federal-american-eagle-ammunition-45-colt-long-colt-225-grain-jacketed-soft-point-box-of-50)) - as well it should be with that heavy of a gun - almost 4 pounds - and a comp to boot.

The SA trigger is so smooth that when it breaks it is a surprise - perfect!

.460 Mag - that's a handful. I don't have heavy bullet loads - the gun came with Hornady 200 gr. FTX at 2200 fps (from an 8") and you know you've touched it off when you shoot it. But those loads are not punishing - the 240 gr. .44 loads (special or mag.) are worse in my 329 PD and the hot heavy 275 and 300 magnum bear protection loads are punishing enough that most people don't want to shoot more than one much less a cylinder full. So the weight and the comp do make a significant difference.

The flame from the comp with magnum loads is impressive, and that is during the day.

There was a vid on Myth Busters where they used a .460V revolver to test whether it could cut your thumb off if you placed your thumb beside the cylinder/barrel gap, and they confirmed that it would (using chicken flesh).

I was going to have the trigger worked on, before I tried it, but now I think not. Probably just have the cylinder cut for moon clips so I can shoot .45 ACP and other rimless .45 ammo that will fit, and have the barrel and frame refinished with matte black and the cylinder not black, but just stainless matte.

Maybe a giber optic front sight.

The 460 is a load of fun, although it is hard on brass :D
I'm finding imr 4227 is a good combo with the 240 and 300 grain xtp mags though.

Get that 329 PD magnaported it makes a world of difference :)
My intention is to have the 329PD ported - it just is no fun to shoot as it is, even with 165 gr. Hornady .44 special self-defense loads or Win 200 gr. silvertip. I like the gun, but the trigger is not what it should be and it isn't fun to shoot as is.

I was surprised how well it tames the beast, even with stock grips its not to gnarly.

Send me a message if you wanna try it out sometime, I'm just over the hill

It has trigger work also, so it would give ya a pretty good idea what your finished project would turn out like :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top