JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We got a call from AFS student exchange in June. They had a problem. They had a exchange student from Greenland, that they were having a problem placing in a home for the upcoming school year. He was from a small village, that lived on hunting and fishing, and they wanted to make sure he was placed in a home that would be willing to take him hunting and fishing here. They were having no luck with the people who were on the list for homes. I got the feeling that the kind of people that are all into world pease, one world government, and all that kind of BS. Were the same kind of people who were into green power, animals as equals, and Obama lovers. I am not usually into the idea of having a AFS student in my home, but given the chance to show this boy a different side of America, I told my wife we could.
Last weekend was our first chance to get out on a Blacktail hunt. A buddy of mine told me of a good place to walk into a old logging unit. The road had been blocked off about 1.5 miles from the unit. We headed out at daylight. Just as we entered the logging unit, I saw the buck below us about 40 yards. One shot from the model seven in 243 did the job. This was his first deer hunt ever, the first buck he had ever seen. Most likely it will be the only Blacktail he will ever shoot. He had been pretty down because he was missing the Caribou and Seal hunt back home. He was very happy with his deer.
I hope to spend the rest of his time with us in the outdoors. Salmon fishing, halibut, crabbing, duck hunting, and sage rat shooting. I plan on sending him home with a new love for hunting, fishing, guns, and America. My America.

Great story John. But, don't fall into stereotypes of AFS'ers. We hosted a AFS student from Paraguay two years ago...and I have a fair share of firearms and like eating animals...just started hunting this year...but I do like renewable power and unions. (Unfortunately, I couldn't take him shooting because his family back home wouldn't approve it.)

Nice shot on the deer too! On my first trip out we saw a few blacktail, but they weren't bucks. We're going out during the rut and hoping for better luck!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top