JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm merely saying AIWB is not forgiving. As evidence by these (yes, some foolish) errors in judgment. Set aside bravado and let's just be intellectually honest about it. So until someone is a perfect human being, carrying a perfectly engineered gun impossible to fire by accident, it's a foolish way to carry on a loaded chamber.
A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still. Just Sayin.

A gun in a holster is, in essence, an inert object. That assumes a safe gun and a holster with physical integrity. But a Glock in a kydex holster and it ain't never going off in your pants!

Any instances of this happening have either foreign objects in the trigger guard or an old leather holster...or a finger pulling the trigger and lying about it afterwards.

Show me a fatal injury from a IWB 3 oclock carry method, while the person was carrying or holstering. Seems like a better track record IMO.

Some years back this dude shot himself through both of his upper thighs drawing from 3 o'clock. I can't find the article, but it was titled, "Have two tourniquet on hand" or something to that effect. A total Tex Grebner move, some year prior to Tex's self-induced injury, but the bullet travel took more of a horizontal path and got both legs solid. He nearly bled out but was TQ'd by the staff and life-flighted off the range, had he been alone taking selfies of himself and his new toy, he'd be dead.

People f' up all the time firearms, AIWB has nothing to do it, human error is the overwhelming cause.

Last Edited:
Some folks are missing my point (intentionally, dunno).

Accidents happen. Machines can fail (how many guns widely circulated have been recalled due to trigger or safety problems? I can think of many - Walther PPS gen 2, Sig P320, FNS, Taurus 9 models and a million pistols, Honor Guard, probably more pistols, and of course there's rifles too like the Remington 700 to show that mechanical things can fail). Holsters can fail. Guns can slip out. Foreign objects can slip in (Pheonix cop shot himself in the leg when a key got in between his FNS and holster and discharged it, for instance). How about a fumble during the draw or reholster? Famous video on line of a guy at the range with strong side carry shot himself in the outside of the leg/knee. AIWB might have been fatal with same situation.

IWB is more forgiving of such an accident, negligence, or mechanical failure. AIWB you are getting shot in a bad location. Gut. Groin. Serious arteries. Kneecap.

All of this, again, to restate that there are fundamental gun rules which are not to be violated. Namely, don't point guns at people/things you don't want to kill/destroy. There's no exception "unless I'm error free" or "unless it's in a holster." I would not feel comfortable having a loaded gun, holstered or not, pointed at me all day long.

Some folks are missing my point (intentionally, dunno).

Accidents happen. Machines can fail (how many guns widely circulated have been recalled due to trigger or safety problems? I can think of many - Walther PPS gen 2, Sig P320, FNS, Taurus 9 models and a million pistols, Honor Guard, probably more pistols, and of course there's rifles too like the Remington 700 to show that mechanical things can fail). Holsters can fail. Guns can slip out. Foreign objects can slip in (Pheonix cop shot himself in the leg when a key got in between his FNS and holster and discharged it, for instance). How about a fumble during the draw or reholster? Famous video on line of a guy at the range with strong side carry shot himself in the outside of the leg/knee. AIWB might have been fatal with same situation.

IWB is more forgiving of such an accident, negligence, or mechanical failure. AIWB you are getting shot in a bad location. Gut. Groin. Serious arteries. Kneecap.

All of this, again, to restate that there are fundamental gun rules which are not to be violated. Namely, don't point guns at people/things you don't want to kill/destroy. There's no exception "unless I'm error free" or "unless it's in a holster." I would not feel comfortable having a loaded gun, holstered or not, pointed at me all day long.

Everyone gets it, you're not into it, so don't do it. The OP of this thread asked for tips from those of us who have experience carrying AIWB, he is not asking anyone's opinion on whether he should do it or not, that bridge has been crossed.

You guys got room for a gun there???
:eek::eek::eek:

CAE16A75-E940-432A-93B4-35EB15B38F93.jpeg
Only for the Noisy Cricket!!!

" You're gonna shoot your ?ecker off" Would be a great line in the follow up to the classic Christmas story with Ralphy as an adult.:cool:

Last Edited:
I only appendix carry now, but I highly recommend in any carry type NOT RE-HOLSTERING!

I always remove my holster, put my firearm back in, then put it back in my pants.
I realize this is easier with some holsters over others, but I still can't holster my side arm inside my pants. I have to remove the holster, put my pistol in, then put the holster back in my pants.

I only appendix carry now, but I highly recommend in any carry type NOT RE-HOLSTERING!

I always remove my holster, put my firearm back in, then put it back in my pants.
I realize this is easier with some holsters over others, but I still can't holster my side arm inside my pants. I have to remove the holster, put my pistol in, then put the holster back in my pants.

Must not take many training classes

I use a Blackhawk single belt loop Velcro adj. iwb leather trigger guard tightner
I adj. it to point left outside my leg even when seated.
5 lbs approx. on trigger guard restraint(upside down test) hammer fired no safety 10-12 lb double action and 5lb single action.
The Velcro location adj. is very secure and the whole rig is overbelted (new word):::

Edit: thumb on hammer to re-holster

I'm really liking AIWB. My biggest thing has been the pants ironically. Where they ride makes sitting in a car either "I don't notice" comfy, or "damn, let me move this around" lol
Sometimes I notice I'm printing more than the 3 o'clock I normally carried, but even my observant daughter and GF don't notice I'm carrying. Just doesn't scream out, or I guess a somewhat awkward spot to really scan more than a passing glance :s0023:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top