JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I've finally decided to SBR a lower and if all works out well I may follow up with another. Trying to E-file but not sure exactly where to start. My only experience in NFA has been with suppressors and Form 4s where I had the privilege of dealing with silencer shop and their kiosk system. The FFL did all fingerprints on site and it stores them for easy buys later. Doesn't seem quite as straightforward with the Form 1...

It looks like I need to get a copy of some fingerprints. Where are people going for prints these days? Looking for some different options. The silencer shop kiosk is almost an hour drive from where I live so hoping to avoid that option.

Also curious about any other requirements. I took my own photo for my suppressor needs and it worked out just fine. Can I do the same here?

I recently submitted my first Form 1 also.

When you submit Form 1 it will generate a voucher with a bar code that you print out and send in along with your fingerprints. Fingerprints have to be on Form FD-258, you have to mail in two copies of FD-258 to ATF in West Virginia. Some people order form FD-258 from Amazon and roll their own prints. I didn't want to leave anything to chance on my first try, so I went to the Independence Police Dept. (closest LEO to me that provides this service). I can't remember how much they charged me for two copies, but it was less than $40.

For the photo, I used a (recent) extra 2"x2" passport photo. I scanned and uploaded the .jpg file to form eForm 1. Walgreens does passport photos for $10 or so.

If my applications is approved by ATF, the last part is engraving the receiver ($40-$60). This is all an expensive and huge PITA but it is much better than spending 10 years in jail. If my first application is approved, I would like to do another one for a PPS-43c and/or a Krinkov.

Anyway, good luck to you and me both.

Last Edited:

When you submit Form 1 it will generate a voucher with a bar code that you print out and send in along with your fingerprints. Fingerprints have to be on Form FD-258, you have to mail in two copies of FD-258 to ATF in West Virginia. Some people order form FD-258 from Amazon and roll their own prints. I didn't want to leave anything to chance on my first try, so I went to the Independence Police Dept. (closest LEO to me that provides this service). I can't remember how much they charged me for two copies, but it was less than $40.

For the photo, I used a (recent) extra 2"x2" passport photo. I scanned and uploaded the .jpg file to form eForm 1. Walgreens does passport photos for $10 or so.

If my applications is approved by ATF, the last part is engraving the receiver ($40-$60). This is all an expensive and huge PITA but it is much better than spending 10 years in jail. If my first application is approved, I would like to do another one for a PPS-43c and/or a Krinkov.

Just a technicality…. It's UP TO ten years in jail and/or $10k fine. It doesn't mean if convicted it'll BE ten years or a $10k fine at sentencing.

:s0108:

For the photo, I took a selfie with my phone standing against a white wall in my office. No troubles at all.

My Form1 has been approved and I received my approval via email with an attached approval pdf. One thing I would like to note. The eform attachments do not show up on a mobile device, you need a laptop in order for the attachment to show up.

So after the approval email with the letter, what do you get engraved on the lower? The ATF Control Number? I don't recall anything about engraving.

Thanks in advance!
If you are using a trust your trust name and city/state.

If individual your name as it appears on the form and city/state.

You dont have to wait to get it engraved.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top