JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just recently purchased a Griffin M4SDK through Silencer Shop! I have long had my eyes on one but the process has always daunted me. It ended up being extremely simple overall, with finger prints being the most involved step. However, I used one of the Silencer Shop kiosks (at MKTactical in Hillsboro) and it only took 10-15 minutes. The guy at the counter was also very helpful with some of the trickier parts of the scanning process.

I e-signed my paperwork yesterday so now the waiting begins! The only downside to this experience is that it was not as difficult as I anticipated, so I have discovered a new way to dispose of my money! :D

Welcome to the dark side.

Next step is a Form 1 and getting three of those approved before your Form 4 is approved.

Hear you man. Now waiting on my Mask. Easy as pie. Except the fingerprint scan wouldn't take, literally 12+ tries. Maybe their machine was out of wack, but the guy chalked it up to scars and "faint" fingerprints. Some of my youth was spent in a machine shop. Gloves? Nah... Used to wash my hands in acetone, took the gunk, glue and grease right off, but it apparently isn't good for your skin. Who knew?

Welcome to the club.

Only unsolicited advice I can give...

Do your best to forget about it completely.

Take up knitting or similar. The first one sucks the worst! By the time you get it, you'll be jaded! I was. Took the enjoyment out of finally getting it. Especially if you are mechanically inclined and realize how freaking simple a suppressor really is and that the $$$ and wait involved are truly stupid!

Hear you man. Now waiting on my Mask. Easy as pie. Except the fingerprint scan wouldn't take, literally 12+ tries. Maybe their machine was out of wack, but the guy chalked it up to scars and "faint" fingerprints. Some of my youth was spent in a machine shop. Gloves? Nah... Used to wash my hands in acetone, took the gunk, glue and grease right off, but it apparently isn't good for your skin. Who knew?

My right index finger gave me trouble but eventually I was able to get a nice, clear scan. The same thing happened when I got scanned for my CHL a few years ago. The prints from that finger are always very faint/smudgy looking!

Welcome to the dark side.

Next step is a Form 1 and getting three of those approved before your Form 4 is approved.

I am definitely considering doing some Form 1's in the future; some of the "solvent trap" kits seem very affordable and high quality. I have my eyes on the Quiet Bore 9mm kit for use on my Sub-2000!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top