JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yay, I still have my face! :s0155:

Anyway, 50 rounds of 45ACP reloads in my 1911 with 230grain roundnose cast bullets from Missouri Bullet Company, with 5 grains of Ramshot Zip behind them. All shot great. Brass looks perfect. Just a little leading in the barrel, probably to be expected.

100 rounds of 5.56 in my self assembled AR-15. 55 grain Hornady FMJs with 23 grains of Ramshot X-terminator. 100% success.

All in all I am very pleased. Think I'm gonna like this reloading stuff.

Guilty.. shoot more so I can reload more.. Soon you will be looking for 1x brass from others so you can reload even more. The 223 load is a very nice one, I like it also.
Congratulations and wishes for continued success.

If you are going to shoot exclusively lead, look into the Lewis Lead Remover. It is a small brass screen that you pull through the barrel. Does a number on lead and makes any chemical cleaning go much easier. I believe Brownells carries them.

Bob

Great tool, especally for revolvers forcing cones, and cylinders! First started out with 45 ACP loadings, using some 230 gr, swagged Herters lead bullets. Real mistake! Loaded with Bullseye powder, a single box created a nasty clean up!!!! I now use very hard cast bullets, and a few hundred left of some 185 grain, kind of a round nose wadcutter. These were cast with a mixture of ten to one tin. Usually if I can scratch the bullet with a fingernail,
it isn't hard enough unless a gaschecked bullet is used. I haven't had to clean lead out of any of my handguns since the bad experience with the swagged bullets. Usually after 1000 to 1100 fps and above, I'll use the gas checked lead or jacketed bullets. Had some really great luck with 10 to 1 tin and a gas checked lead bullet, 180 gr for 30-06. With 57 to 58 grains of 4831 I estimate somewhere at 2500+ fps. Hunting accuracy and no sign of any leading. I see however, that commercial cast bullets are starting to climb in price to where they may approach jacketed prices. They surely do penetrate
greatly in comparison to expanding jacketed (lead/copper type)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top