JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks like your in Salem. So you should go over to Stayton and see Kolt at Santiam Buyers. I saw he had a transferable Full auto 5.56.

I think the price was 16K. Go check it out !

:s0155:

If it were me... I would go the HK Trigger Pack route for the multi-Caliber factor.

I want to lead off with if you like your MAC (or Stemple), that is great. You don't have to convince me that you really like what you own and purchased it for good reasons. I'm not here to insult your decision to purchase one. I don't want to argue with you about what their shortcomings are and what can be done to mitigate them.

I simply believe there are better options in the NFA market than getting a MAC or a Stemple, especially since the OP claims he has roughly $30K to spend.

Functionally, the MAC is fine, but it was designed to be a low cost firearm. It was generally simple to produce and does not have the things that separate good guns from the rest of the pack. In its stock configuration, it has lousy ergonomics, crude sights, and a so-so trigger. The rate of fire makes it challenging to control. -Fortunately, thanks to good aftermarket support, there are things that can be done to address these points. That said, people essentially have to spend a bit of money compensating for the firearm's inherent issues to turn it into what they want.
Well reasoned post. I also wasn't looking for an argument. Often people post an opinion online without any other information. I just wanted to know what your thoughts were behind your post. Thanks for taking the time for the reply.

Yes, I do have a MAC in NFA jail. I bought it because it was an inexpensive entry to FA and there is a reliable .22lr kit for it.

Also... I have a friend with a select-fire Uzi. It's a great gun, lots of fun to shoot. Highly recommended.

If it were me and I had that much to spend on NFA stuff I would get two guns, an Uzi and an AR with suppressors for both. That should eat up your $30k nicely.
An Uzi with a Mossad suppressor would be on my list too.
M2 carbine would be on the list as well.
Maybe a Norrel 10/22 trigger pack and bolt too.

What would you guys recommend ?
I imagine I'm all alone here, but I'd do something else with the money. Machine guns are cool and all, a lot of fun, but a one-trick-pony to be sure. Put the money somewhere else and come down to the ARPC shoot once a year to get yer fill (maybe trek out to Arizona and Knob Creek too).

...and if I were to do it again, I'd go along these lines (maybe not the Ruger, but thats just for a burning hatred of the ole man, and general dislike of the Mini (AC556). Thats just me though.

If I had $30K to blow on machine guns, I would do this.

1- Ruger AC-556
1- Uzi
1- Mac10
1- M16
1- and if I found good deals on the above 4, I would add a Reising Model 50

buy 10,000 shares of FNMA @ $3.00, sell at 4.00. Gain less taxes should be around 8K. Use the 8K to re-buy FNMA on a dip, say @ $3.75 and then you have start of a small nest egg. Then you can go buy your MG's with your original $30,0000... but hopefully you get hooked on $$ making $$ and begin thinking more about the power of $$$.

Want to tell me it's a gamble? Well, this one isn't. It's gov't backed (been bailed out already) and will never go to zero unless the zombies are digging themselves out of the dirt and everything else in the country is on fire.... then you'll wish you bought more MG's, haha!!

ETA: This post if for entertainment value only, not intended for investment purposes;)

buy 10,000 shares of FNMA @ $3.00, sell at 4.00. Gain less taxes should be around 8K. Use the 8K to re-buy FNMA on a dip, say @ $3.75 and then you have start of a small nest egg. Then you can go buy your MG's with your original $30,0000... but hopefully you get hooked on $$ making $$ and begin thinking more about the power of $$$.

Want to tell me it's a gamble? Well, this one isn't. It's gov't backed (been bailed out already) and will never go to zero unless the zombies are digging themselves out of the dirt and everything else in the country is on fire.... then you'll wish you bought more MG's, haha!!

ETA: This post if for entertainment value only, not intended for investment purposes;)

Closed at $4.03 today.

:s0155:

I got a nice surprise today in some extra cash and I would like to get something super fun to shoot, IE a full auto firearm. Looking over GB, I see several but most look to be almost home made with the full auto receiver and they run around 30k. I also found a few WWII MP 40s for a lot less which would be very nice to have just for the historical value.
What would you guys recommend ?
We have a 1928 Thompson and M1 Thompson for sale $16K 541-258-6811 Dick

If I had that kind of cheese, I'd spend a few bucks on a can or two for my favorite threaded barrel weapons and the rest I would invest for my future. Full auto is fun for like 5 minutes. But its not practical and the adrenaline wears off fast.

<broken link removed> makes a great point. I'd make it three: a dedicated .22 can, a .30 cal industrial-strength rifle suppressor and a .45 cal pistol suppressor and, given the right adapters you can shoot practically anything through them.

Once you've shot suppressed there is no going back, IMO. Plus, who knows what lies ahead in regard to NFA laws? Get 'em while the gettin's good is an apt phrase when it comes to opportunities in this arena.

Particularly opportunities that rely on the whims of a self-perpetuating bureaucracy and politicians who make policy regarding your rights as a means of furthering their own ambitions.

Edit: spellin'

Someone must have money to burn.

Shoot, why buy that when you can get multiple terrific Semi-auto firearms!?

Granted its neat.. But you'll spend double its price in ammo alone..
Have fun with the hunt and let us know what you wound up with.

If I had that kind of coin I'd be looking for a HK transferable sear or trigger pack. With that you can shoot 9mm., .223, and .308.
They are the most versatile in my opinion.

Go for a M-16 ,Parts are everywhere and cheap!!
HK's are WAY Over priced for a fancy sheet metal gun,And the parts are retardedly overpriced. The HK guns will self destruct after 20-25k from the rollers pushing out on the Receiver at the end of the recoil stroke. Thats why 21's have reinforcing rails welded in them

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top