Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

First CC

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by willseeker, Aug 24, 2009.

1. willseeker

willseeker N. Portland. Well-Known Member

I live in Multnomah Co, took my three hour class week of April 6th, applied for the permit, got fingerprinted on July 8th and received my CC Saturday Aug.22nd, exactly the 45 days they said it could take. About four and half months total. Guess they're pretty busy. Anyway I'm legal and I wanted to thank All here for good advise and deals.
    Will

2. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

I remember the first time I left the house wearing a pistol on my hip. Ah, memories...

3. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

It won't be long before you feel naked if you don't have it with you.

4. willseeker

My Kel Tec .380 fits easily in summer shorts. Also trying a S&W 642. In the fall I'll carry the G19

5. NK777

NK777 West of Portland Member

That's true!

6. willseeker

Hey Guys and Gals, CC'd the 642 Airweight these last few days. I really like it. I had got it for my wife but now I'm carrying it. :paranoid:
    I'm probably going to have to get another for myself. :DI Picked it up the other day here in town from a private party on the Forum. Thanks again for the great deal. Works really well in the Hume holster.

7. FrontierFritz

FrontierFritz West foothills of the Cascade Mountains Member

Be sure to obtain a Washington State carry permit from Clark County Sheriff in Vancouver.
    Very easy process.

8. willseeker

Thanks Fritz. As amatter of fact I'm going to Wa State next week for a couple of days. I ll look up the Sherrifs address and apply.:thumbup:

9. XdM

XdM Vancouver Member

I wish it was that easy the other way around. I eventually got my OR CHL from Multnomah County (if you can believe that), but it took some jumping through hoops.

10. Searcher451

Searcher451 Oregon Member

Getting a Utah license is a good idea. It's good in 29 or 30 states (it varies; you can check its status on the various packing websites) and will pay dividends well into the future. I read somewhere recently that the Utah Legislature was considering limiting the license to in-state residents only (doubtful because it raises a lot of money for the state), but you never know. Now is as good of a time as any to apply.