JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Getting ready to do my first build, still gathering all of the tools. Stuck home with the flu today, so i figured I way as well consult some people who know more than i do on the subject. The builds seem pretty straightforward, but that you could screw up good if you aren't paying attention.

Any tips are appreciated.

I bought a book and watched YouTube videos and if I had a question I asked some one I was not a member here when I built my first one .the first thing every one is going to ask is what do you got and what don't you got . The gas block and gas tube are inportant .get the barrel on right and at the right torque wrench is inportant . good BCG so on and so on I'm sure more people will respond to you but it's Monday and your home sick and everyone else is at work LOL

Got a complete psa freedom rifle kit and an aero precision upper. Really more concerned about tools and experiences. Ive been watching youtube videos and such but some of these dingdongs annoy the bubblegum out of me. I like you guys lol

much easier than I anticipated, but I still watched a few youtube videos the first time. A year later I can do them in my sleep with a stick and a rock.

a set of punches, a hammer, some adjustable pliers and an AR wrench is about all I can remember needing.

Got a complete psa freedom rifle kit and an aero precision upper. Really more concerned about tools and experiences. Ive been watching youtube videos and such but some of these dingdongs annoy the bubblegum out of me. I like you guys lol
Jeez. I meant to type lower. This flu is apparently affecting me more than i realized.

and maybe a big crescent wrench for the barrel nut, but that depends on the hand guard.

Vise blocks are nice too, but I think I only chuck up a receiver when I do a barrel nut.

When it comes to the roll pins like for the bolt catch put tape on the side of the recevier so you don't scratch the side up . take it slow double check that you have all the little spring and stuff in place before tighten down LOL IT SUCKS TO GET IT TOGETHER THEN HAVE TO TAKE IT APART BECAUSE YOU FORGOT SOMETHING HEHEE .been there done that

Wheeler AR -15 Roll Pin Install Tool Kit
Rool Pin Kit.jpg

That was the first thing i picked up when i decided to do this. Thanks! Also picked up some brass ones in case the pins are soft.

Excellent, that in itself will save you much anguish... EPS mentioned earlier use tape to keep things from getting marred and scratched up, get the tape used by painters wont leave residue and such..

Post your progress and pictures with questions... Easier to help that way...

I did about 5 different configurations out of boredom and lot's of spare parts...:eek:

When you order your oops kit order 2 or 3 lol these springs and detents just vanish into thin air when they go flying and they will go flying or get bent

and maybe a big crescent wrench for the barrel nut, but that depends on the hand guard.

Vise blocks are nice too, but I think I only chuck up a receiver when I do a barrel nut.
Depends on the forend you got or get some come with a tool then you just need a torque wrench and a vice and vice block

Mine would have been a cotter pin! (as shown on other videos)

This was my favorite to watch before my first build and during....step by step instructions.

Some of the tools can get exspesive it took me awhile to get them all .it it better to buy good ones from the start rather than buying cheap ones and then have to buy better ones later .and if you live close to other members you might be able to Barrow or have them help out when you need a tool

Some of the tools can get exspesive it took me awhile to get them all .it it better to buy good ones from the start rather than buying cheap ones and then have to buy better ones later .and if you live close to other members you might be able to Barrow or have them help out when you need a tool

Sage advice... I live pretty much out in the boonies, thus, I also bought everything required to do it correctly the first time...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top