Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

First ar build, purple for the GF

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by pyromancer, Mar 1, 2014.

1. pyromancer

pyromancer Portland Freelance Graphic Designer Bronze Supporter

Built this for my gf. All told with gun bag, furniture kit and RIT dye job came in around $550.

Anders blem lower
    Ptac LPK
    Ptac complete upper with BCG and charging handle
    Buffer tube kit ebay.
    Ruger polymer folding rear sight.
    Tactical intent coyote tan furniture kit
    Two Magpul FDE pmags
    Rit dye in purple and fuchsia. 3 parts purple to 1 part fuchsia to get the color
    Visim purple rifle bag

image.jpg
    image.jpg

GF is stoked.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  2. Mr Smith

Mr Smith 54 68 65 20 73 74 69 63 6b 73 Active Member

now you gotta post pics of her posing with the gun :D

3. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

Couldn't find Hello Kitty furniture? :D

4. pyromancer

She hates pink, but loves purple. I couldn't resist painting the pony roll mark on the Anderson lower. :laugh: I considered getting a bicycle grip with streamers and cutting it down to shove in the bottom of the pistol grip but then decided she may not find the humor in that. She was pretty stoked that it was purple, with a purple gun bag and sling, so I think I did good.

5. jb11

jb11 salem Active Member

Purple makes it less scary and evil, nice looking rig!

6. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

You do know don't you that the only difference between pink and purple is merely the grip, right?:paranoid:

Nwcid likes this.
  7. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Mines the same way. She wants a purple AR and my Ruger P89 (bluing comes off as purple)
    At the most recent rally in Salem, she (my woman) was the young lady with a bright blue shotgun. Well done sir.

8. aznbala

aznbala Tualatin, OR Member

nice, better not let my wife see this or she is gonna want one. She likes pink but doesn't like the magpul pink color.

9. Will_Power

Will_Power OR via OK Active Member

You know, I clicked on the link thinking it was going to look awful, but... that actually came out pretty well!

10. Reno911

Reno911 Hillsboro Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I noticed you said GF not wife. I'm hoping it is not a gift, but still your gun that she uses? Big gift if you ask me, better get a ring on her or you'll end up losing the gun. :)

Just kidding.

My wife has her own in pink. As well as a lighter AR for SHTF.
    m1tu_d08_u8xye.jpg

ZA_Survivalist likes this.
  11. B5Ben

B5Ben Boise Well-Known Member

I don't mean to stir up anything, but a thought to the bright colorful additions that are available (and shown above) is that it can appear to be a toy. Think about when a kid is out playing with his buddies with their plastic brightly colored toy guns in the past, everyone knew they were toys because of the bright colors. With the popularity of the colors among some shooters, you never know if it is a real gun or fake from a distance, and therein lies the problem.

As we all know here have been at least several cases of kids taking off the orange barrel caps off of toys to make them appear real and have been shot, sometimes killed by a cop because he didn't know it was a toy gun. Now we have legitimately deadly firearms appearing like toys of not too long ago.

IMO real guns should look like real guns, not brightly colored toys you would give to an 8 year old. But that's the great think about opinions right? Everybody has one.

12. Reno911

Reno911 Hillsboro Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

You just defined bad parenting.

It's never the parents fault though right? It's the gun, we are doing it for the kids damnit.

Hate to call you on it that post is boarder line liberal.

Nerf gun, BB gun, airsoft, etc, no matter how realistic should have parental supervision and be in a safe location. Can't help the kids getting shot because their parents let them play with a toy gun in a major metropolitan area. Here's an idea, we live in LA, let's get our kid a toy AK and let him play with it on the street! Good parenting right there.

Also I doubt these kids playing with toy guns are getting shot in areas out in the rural boons.

A gun is a gun. Even if it shoots darts, or is cerakoted pink, or flaming orange. Teaching your kids right safety procedures and setting rules is what you should be talked about. Not blaming it on the gun. As per every wrong answer.

13. pyromancer

Neither my lady or I ever want to have children. This could be a concern if we where to have children, maybe... Then again I think the bigger issue would be not keeping your guns locked up and having children that where properly educated about them.

14. pyromancer

Its her's, if we where to not be together anymore it would still be hers. I had her buy the lower so it was registered in her name. As to the whole ring on the finger thing, the whole modern marriage thing is a bit crazy to me. Marriage should be an agreement between two people and an expression of love. The ring is only a symbol, and we both feel its kind of crazy that you need a license and the gov is involved in such a personal thing. To summarize shes not going anywhere and not everyone refers to their partner in the same ways. ;)

Toyotamike likes this.
  15. B5Ben

B5Ben Boise Well-Known Member

I agree with you on many of your points, but the fact is, kids are attracted to candy colored anything.

OP, congrats on the build and happy to hear your lady likes it!